Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Space Shuttle and Rocket boosters visible over waterford after 9pm tonight Friday

• 29-04-2011 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭

Right heads up for those interested and for the little ones.Space shuttle will be visible shortly after blast off from florida tonight,with rocket boosters in tow.Still bright at that time of night,but we shall see hopefully white light from sw to se with orange light after this.Launch is for 8-45pm irish time and sighting is for 9-03 pm.This was a spectatular sight last time i saw it,but this time low in the sky and brighter.Have a look anyway. http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Better get a compass so I know what way to look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

seanybiker wrote: »
    Better get a compass so I know what way to look

Breaking news Lift off postponed!!! Problem with two heaters crew heading away from shuttle ,wont be happening for at least 48 hours. I shall report back :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Get it sorted Decies ffs

A couple of philips screwdrivers some masking tape and bobs your uncle.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Just to let you all know. Due to the delay the launch will be earlier in the evening so there will be no chance of seeing the Shuttle and tank passing over:(

• Advertisement

Yes this is true

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Yeah, right sheep shaggers them NASA bstrds....did the camcellation bizness just so Waterford would get the short end of the stick again!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I heard it was NASA organised the launch of the Waterford Music Festival too.

:D

Advertisement