Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E7, C5 or N8?

Options
  • 29-04-2011 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭

Evening all.

Well? What do you think. Which is the nicer/better phone.

I need a phone for work mainly which means the priority is;
    Reliability.
    Battery life.
    Calls and text.
    Checking email.
    Storing files.
    Camera.

Im not that bothered with.
    Music.
    Social networking.

What do you smart people think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

iphone4? Those nokias are horrible to use in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

First thing to decide is if you want a hardware qwerty or if you can do with a virtual one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

I heard that the battery life is very short. Nothing annoys me more than the battery going dead just as i need it.

Oh, the ability to get a signal is very important as my job brings me to very isolated places. I know that is more to do with the network but i have had phones in the past that you had to stand beside the transmittion tower to get a signal.

I think for battery life, and for calls and texts the nokias beat the iphone 4. Camera on the N8 is definitely better by a good margin.

Davy wrote: »
    I think for battery life, and for calls and texts the nokias beat the iphone 4. Camera on the N8 is definitely better by a good margin.

I am leaning towards an N8 at this point. It seems like the E7 isnt released in the UK & RoI until next month. Also, the E7 has a key pad/board which has always turned me off phones as they are, in my opinion, a little to complicated. I have a laptop if I want to type.
    Does anyone have an N8? What is the battery like, is the signal ok and is it easy to use ?

• Advertisement

I have one. The battery would be usually 2 days but that would be a fair bit of usage, emails syncing, gps, fm transmitter etc.

I have no problems with signal or reception. If you have used nokias in the past you will be well able to use it. It wouldn't be as fluid as the iphone os but beats it in many other ways imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

I agree with Davy, in some ways it has a clunky interface compared to the iPhone, although if you set it up right it's quick any easy to access your stuff.

Overall though, I believe the N8 beats with hardware features.

If you want to keep the price down a bit, the C7 has most of the N8's features minus the 12mp camera(but you get a torch/video light!) Call and end keys are nice to have too.

Sure you could buy an N8 and a 4th Gen iPod Touch for the same price as the iPhone!

If you want to keep the price down a bit, the C7 has most of the N8's features minus the 12mp camera(but you get a torch/video light!) Call and end keys are nice to have too.
    !

Thanks.

It is an upgrade so it will only set me back about €70. I have a Nokia E52 at the moment and it is grand, if a little slow and fiddly buttons.

!

Thanks.

It is an upgrade so it will only set me back about €70. I have a Nokia E52 at the moment and it is grand, if a little slow and fiddly buttons.
    I think i will go with the N8, it looks like a good phone. Still a little worried about the screen getting ruined with my job but im sure i can buy a protective cover.

Thanks for the help lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

The C7/E7/N8 which ive had so from user experience the E7 is the best from my point of view minus the camera if thats what your into,it takes great photos,its bigger than the N8 but worth the size difference.
    the C7/N8/E7s battery life is not amazing to be honest .
    The C5 was in your list this would have the best battery life yet contain most of the functions bar it been an S60V5 device only real setback for the average user is the screen size
    I would wait for the X7 due out shortly which will come fully updated out of the box with the new symbian anna software.it will also contain a new browser and 4 speakers

• Advertisement

jimmynokia wrote: »
    I would wait for the X7 due out shortly which will come fully updated out of the box with the new symbian anna software.it will also contain a new browser and 4 speakers

Thanks for the info. Any idea when the X7 is out?

within the next 10 weeks to full launch it will be available sim free shortly,within the next month.

Don't mean to pimp the iPhone but the Nokia/Symbian touchscreen software is a terrible mix. It's ancient in comparison to android/iOS/Windows 7. You really will be buying an outdated pig of a phone. (no offence to anyone using one but theres no way anyone used to iOS/android/windows7 could move to the Symbian OS)

If you really want a Nokia I would wait for their windows 7 phones to appear.

Nokia build quality at the moment is well below what you'd expect. The amont of barley new phones coming back for repair is well above any other manufacturer. They really are not what they used to be.

If you don't want an iPhone/Android I think the samsug omnia is one of the most underarted phone to come out in a long time
    and you should be able to get it for a lot cheaper than iPhone.

Ive never been stuck for signal anywhere no matter how remote but that's more down to mynetwork than phone.

To be fair im in the distribution business and i see more phones going back for repair than Nokia not going to mention names or brands,but lets be honest every manufacturer is equal in this department even though im a Nokia fan i will not defend them nor any other brand but its not one sided when it comes to problems that i can assure you of.

Don't mean to pimp the iPhone but the Nokia/Symbian touchscreen software is a terrible mix. It's ancient in comparison to android/iOS/Windows 7. You really will be buying an outdated pig of a phone. (no offence to anyone using one but theres no way anyone used to iOS/android/windows7 could move to the Symbian OS)

If you really want a Nokia I would wait for their windows 7 phones to appear.

Nokia build quality at the moment is well below what you'd expect. They really are not what they used to be.

If you don't want an iPhone/Android I think the samsug omnia is one of the most underarted phone to come out in a long time

Thanks for that DM! Thats phone for me.

what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

eh?nokia hardware is below others??really.bull s...
    WOW!!!amazing to hear that when everone of the "pro's"say they
    still have the best hardware out there.wierd ****,my man,just....:rolleyes:
    os,maybe,but yet you say wait for windows mobile????what has that got to
    do with the hardware??is the os gonna make nokia's hardware better?!
    really!!
    please post a link to these facts.
    thanks deco.

what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

read your post again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

jimmynokia wrote: »
    ..it will also contain a new browser and 4 speakers

I heard on the Engadget netcast it only has two speakers, Nokia said the other two are just dummy's.

• Advertisement

i will check this out for you now if its 2 its a letdown

Confirmation on nokia X7 speakers

IT has only 2 which is a pity

Advertisement