Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom master socket

Options
  • 29-04-2011 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I've had a problem with my Eircom master socket, I can only get a dial tone when I remove the front panel from the eircom master socket and plug directly in the black socket on the rear panel. I have checked the front panel and the capacitors for the alarm have been removed. I was using a monitored alarm which has now been disconnected. The capacitors for the ISDN are still there. Is this causing the problem or do I need to buy a new front panel and if so where can I buy one ?

Here is an image of the front panel. The 2 capacitors on the right have been removed by an Eircom tech.

terminal1b.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 musically challenged

Hi,
    Your picture of the front panel doesn't look like the ones I am familiar with, maybe its a new model.
    If you say the links for the alarm have been removed and the alarm is now gone then you either need to get out a soldering iron and put them back in (just bare wire) or leave the front panel off and soldier on or pm me for other options.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

If you link the in and out in the pink block with cable, 1-3 2-4. This will make it work again. What the alarm does is seize the alarm on the in part, meaning it kills the line going out from the panel to other phones if the alarm activates. It is called line priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 kennbren

altor wrote: »
    If you link the in and out in the pink block with cable, 1-3 2-4. This will make it work again. What the alarm does is seize the alarm on the in part, meaning it kills the line going out from the panel to other phones if the alarm activates. It is called line priority.

Thanks altor. That worked perfectly. Much appreciated.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

kennbren wrote: »
    Thanks altor. That worked perfectly. Much appreciated.:D

Your welcome,

Always happy to help :D

Advertisement