Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viking Ride 2011 - Saturday 28th May.

• 29-04-2011 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

This cycle event will be going through the City, leaving WIT Sports Campus, coming down the Cork Road and along the Quays.

http://www.vikingride.com/

It will be rolling out at 10am and the last of the participants should be gone up over Rockshire Hill by 10.30am.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Might be better off posting this in the cycling forum ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

Is the 100km course relatively flat or hilly? :rolleyes:

Wasn't aware this was coming up, I'll be putting my name down for it, if I start at 10am I should be across the finish line by 10 that night :D

Fair play to the organisers, should be a good laugh :p

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Well both routes include Rockshire Road and Tory Hill, its after Mullinavat that the routes split up, the 150k heads for Inistioge while the 105k route heads for New Ross via listerlin, which has more downhill that uphills on it. From New Ross the 105k heads out towards kennedy park heading for Arthurstown and then onto Ballyhack where there is an option to take in a seriously steep climb in Ballyhack while waiting for the ferry.

From Passage East the route heads for Woodstown which has a 1.5km drag up out it, and then on to Dunmore. After Dunmore, the route heads back to Waterford City via the main Dunmore to Waterford road, at WRH, the route goes over the outher ring road before finishing back at Carrignore.

I would suggest that you get out on the bike and do Rockshire Road and Tory Hill prior to this and you will be fine. If you would like be to do you up a route drop me a pm and I'll do up something for you.

I'm probably signing up for the 150km myself, just have the hurdle of Mt Leinster in 2 weeks time to get over first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Well both routes include Rockshire Road and Tory Hill, its after Mullinavat that the routes split up, the 150k heads for Inistioge while the 105k route heads for New Ross via listerlin, which has more downhill that uphills on it. From New Ross the 105k heads out towards kennedy park heading for Arthurstown and then onto Ballyhack where there is an option to take in a seriously steep climb in Ballyhack while waiting for the ferry.

From Passage East the route heads for Woodstown which has a 1.5km drag up out it, and then on to Dunmore. After Dunmore, the route heads back to Waterford City via the main Dunmore to Waterford road, at WRH, the route goes over the outher ring road before finishing back at Carrignore.

I would suggest that you get out on the bike and do Rockshire Road and Tory Hill prior to this and you will be fine. If you would like be to do you up a route drop me a pm and I'll do up something for you.

I'm probably signing up for the 150km myself, just have the hurdle of Mt Leinster in 2 weeks time to get over first.

PM sent :)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Well, are they're many signed up for this so far?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Sorry I thought this was a Danish hen night coming to Waterford :-/

Advertisement