Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMESTOP how very dare you!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Yes I got the offer online then seen I had games to trade so picked up the 2!

Then went back to Gamestop to swap the mk game for a preorder of brink or any title really and I basically got abused by assistant manager! And really felt I was made an example of infront of other customers!

I'm 28 years of age not 16 and spotty I refuse to be spoken down to by any shop staff or manager!

I spend good hard earned money in that store!!!

Shop was tallaght btw! And I have seen the same manager talking to local teens like they are ****!!!!!!!!

one **** shop does not mean all shops like that.

as for that deal.... SHHHHHHHH!!!!!rule nr1 : you dont talk about boardsies club. rule nr2. YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT boardsies club. rule nr3.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Yes and no really the head office of Gamestop using the term trader to describe anyone trying to maximise the advantage they get from their offers as if they are indeed doing something terrible or wrong like robbing the shop

How do you know that it was head office that made reference to your actions as a 'Trader'?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Weepsie wrote: »
    i for one found the staff in stephens green sound enough and were interested. Have to say the staff in game in dawson street are all really helpful to, shame i rarely buy anything and always just browse.

Anyway, DK, the 2 gamestops i went into werent accepting the trade on preorders,. I think brink and la noire where on the poster, but i thought they werent part of the deal.

On the one hand the manner of addressing you not sound, but they probably have themself well covered legally for exchanges on special offers and are within their rights unless its faulty.
    In general Gamestop staff are all sound but to kick your bread and butter customers is very bad for the company!!
    They were looking for the trades for the new stores they were opening like balbriggan they have now lost a very loyal new release day customer!!

Ah well hmv are always cheaper anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Reminds me of this fiasco...

So many people got PS3s for €150 and Gamestop suddenly received an influx of Imagine! games.

Much clearer now.
    It does seem odd that they would stop you swapping the game that they gave you as part of the deal, for a preorder of a game in the same offer.

Although it does boggle the mind why you would get a second copy of a game that you had already bought online.

I just traded the 3 games and got the latest release then said I would swap it! For brink!

I then ripped packaging off the game went back into shop and felt like a ****in criminal trading the game back in!

• Advertisement

How do you know that it was head office that made reference to your actions as a 'Trader'?

They made reference to anyone looking to change deal swapping games etc as a supposed TRADER I'm honestly disgusted tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I just traded the 3 games and got the latest release then said I would swap it! For brink!

I then ripped packaging off the game went back into shop and felt like a ****in criminal trading the game back in!
    It does seem rather unneccesary to have approached it they way they did. You were gaining no benefit. It was the same deal. You were just changing your mind. As far as I can tell, you weren't trying to game the system.
    Was he?

You can always email them, to let them know how you feel.

They made reference to anyone looking to change deal swapping games etc as a supposed TRADER I'm honestly disgusted tbh!
    I would imagine that the term 'Trader' refers to people who were trying to game the system into giving them something that was not part of the offer. As in, say a preorder for a game not on the list or months away from release. Which you dont appear to be trying to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

do you know what the word trader means?

Nodferatu wrote: »
    i dont get it? why would they be angry about trading in when its part of their daily business? why would they get angry of you taking advantage of an offer of trading in 3 games when its part of an advertised offer in their stores?

They have again changed the smallprint that none of us can ever read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Trading in a free market system?! How DARE you!

Helix wrote: »
    do you know what the word trader means?

Yes I'm aware what the word trader means!

The manager in tallaght told me the head office are using the word trader to describe someone that is basically screwing the system and they are referring to boards saying they are monitoring the site to see what way people are abusing the offers they put in place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

was in gamestop and tried to return an unopened copy of mortal kombat that i got in the trade 3 games and pay 3 euro deal for a preorder of brink instead. guy was VERY RUDE behind the counter and started ranting calling me a TRADER???? FFS how sad is it when gamestop head office brand their customers as traders and put a negative vibe with the staff and management to anyone taking advantage of the offers that THEY put in place?

manager of the store told me gamestop copped on to guys on boards and have been monitoring boards for the last week to try and eliminate us boards users taking advantage of gamestop..

same manager told me he is a mod here???? when i asked his username he refused to tell me point blank so i dont believe him that he is a mod here. dont get me wrong he is dead sound really nice guy and this isnt an attack on gamestop staff its only head office im getting thick with.

obviously gamestop put the offers in place trade 3 games and 3 euro for a new release to get stock levels higher for new stores they are opening, not to do us any favours..

tbh when it came to buying or trading in a shop i would always have used gamestop but now when my preorders are collected ill be shopping elsewhere as i was so embarrassed having been called aside instore and being talked to like i was some sort of evil criminal it was so embarrassing when other customers stared at me as the assistant manager had a head on him and was so blunt saying we will give you value of 3 games back nothing else etc!!!

SO NOW GAMESTOP IF YOUR LOOKING THROUGH BOARDS READ THIS YOU ARE A TERRIBLE COMPANY TAKING ADVANTAGE OF US GAMERS AND I HOPE THIS HIGHLIGHTS WHAT YOU ARE REALLY LIKE!!!!!!!

please discuss guys if this has happened you?

thanks,

D-K

You're a TRADER, and I hope you get everything you deserve!!!112!!

Trading in a free market system?! How DARE you!

Lol I take it you find thread title amusing?

I thought it would be a bit of Craic lol

I know it's a little offtopic but there is a multiquote button on these forums. Not enough people use it.

testicle wrote: »
    You're a TRADER, and I hope you get everything you deserve!!!112!!

112??? GTFO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Yes I'm aware what the word trader means!

The manager in tallaght told me the head office are using the word trader to describe someone that is basically screwing the system and they are referring to boards saying they are monitoring the site to see what way people are abusing the offers they put in place

but werent you screwing the system? didnt you buy mortal kombat on play.com and try to give it back to gamestop?

also, did yer man just randomly bring up boards or did you mention it? seems a bizarre thing for a bloke to come out and say for no reason

Helix wrote: »
    but werent you screwing the system? didnt you buy mortal kombat on play.com and try to give it back to gamestop?

also, did yer man just randomly bring up boards or did you mention it? seems a bizarre thing for a bloke to come out and say for no reason

Look at my gamertag I have not played mk yet!!

And it doesn't matter what I was doing as even if I was I would have been breaking no laws!

Remember a manager lied saying he is a mod here then he tells me his company are spying on boards users here and then coming up with names for us and saying we are borderline breaking laws

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

ripped off the packaging you say? Thats your first mistake then im afraid, as far as theyre concerned its then a used game if original packaging is removed. Read the terms on the receipt, items return in ORIGINAL condition, though as i said the attitude stunk, they are perfectly entitled to tell you no trade possible.

Im gonna check em out again and see if it includes preorders as i thought it didnt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Nollog

ripped off the packaging you say? Thats your first mistake then im afraid, as far as theyre concerned its then a used game if original packaging is removed. Read the terms on the receipt, items return in ORIGINAL condition, though as i said the attitude stunk, they are perfectly entitled to tell you no trade possible.

Im gonna check em out again and see if it includes preorders as i thought it didnt
    Every game I've bought from gamestop NEW has come unwrapped.

• Advertisement

most of mine, if not all are always in shrink wrap. Used ones are not of course, and in game they put those stickers on them to stop them being brought back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

gotta say never liked the staff in gamestop in the square,complete ignorant w*****s imo,for anyone thats never been there imagine grumpy looking 20 year old "rockers" with ****e knowledge about games serving you.The lads in game are much better and sounder.

No game was in original packaging and was refused by manager saying head office said we can't take this back even if it is sealed something to do with the 3 for 1 deal like! I said so basically u won't swap the game even though it's sealed and I gave my receipt!

He said IF you come back another day I'll trade it in for trade in price and no matter what happened he would not suit me at all I had a choice of my 3 games back or keep that game no other choices and no discussions!!!!

I lost it walked outside shop took packaging off the game nicked the dlc and traded the game for 32 euro plus 25 percent extra credit against brink!!

The game was sealed with receipt in same bag as I collected it from the store release day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

So, in summary...

You were abusing the trade-in offer.
    You were caught abusing the trade in offer.
    You took offence to being called a trader, a term gamestop have come up with for people abusing the offer.
    And you were so mortified by being caught out that you deemed it necessary to start a thread on boards denouncing the evils of Gamestop.

Right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭dor83

He said IF you come back another day I'll trade it in for trade in price and no matter what happened he would not suit me at all I had a choice of my 3 games back or keep that game no other choices and no discussions!!!!
    If Brink is on the deal could you not just take your 3 games back and then use them to get Brink?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

I lost it walked outside shop took packaging off the game nicked the dlc

ohhh your such a rebel

$hit service buy gamestop in fairrness op
    i never have problems with these deals in my local , they telll u the cheap pre-owend games to buy in ther shop to trade in

ok sorry, was a bit unclear is all. Could be the store so, and the manager probably fed up with someone higher up coming up with these (from their point of view) coming up with silly trade deals. Manager wrongly taking it out elsewhere. Smyths were giving 45euro for mk this week however

dor83 wrote: »
    If Brink is on the deal could you not just take your 3 games back and then use them to get Brink?

They change the list every 2 days!!!! I was told that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭dor83

They change the list every 2 days!!!! I was told that
    Are you not able to pre-order with the offer?

• Advertisement

it says on the flyer no trade as well, suggesting that what you take cant be later swapped. maybe thats where they are deriving 'traders' from.

Id say they update the list and remove some games alright otherwise theyd have a silly amount of terminator and such

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement