Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMESTOP how very dare you!!!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Weepsie I don't think I have been offensive here???

If u feel I'm bullying then report the post otherwise please butt out? I mean that in a nice way btw but I don't see the need for you to intervene as your not a mod

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

again, bullying was probably the wrong word, but you seem to have taken unreasonable offence to Healium is all.

There's also this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71855933&postcount=2287

and this
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71873383&postcount=2290

Seems you knew you couldn't use them in a pre-order and were chancing your arm

Your missing the point they offered this trade system we as consumers didn't hold a gun to their heads!!!

They rob us with used games and trades normally this is flash in the pan for us to capitalise!!! They still make huge profits etc

They putbin place the offers not anyone else! It's silly to suggest anyone taking advantage they set their stall as consumers we are entitled to get value for money especially now recession has hit!!

And nobody should be spoken to the way I was! And some of the staff speak to teens like they are pieces of crap it's just wrong IMO

1. They don't put a gun to your head and say you have to buy a used game .

2. You were trying to swap a game for a game that is not on the offer, even though they suggest, that all trades are final, 1 game in the offer cannot be changed for another.

They were willing to take your game in as a pre-order against something else, after you openly admitted to taking the DLC and then getting €40 credit for it anyway. You've hardly lost out in this deal. You appear to be attempting to change the course of the debate and argue a different point with each post too

• Advertisement

Weepsie wrote: »
    1. They don't put a gun to your head and say you have to buy a used game .

2. You were trying to swap a game for a game that is not on the offer, even though they suggest, that all trades are final, 1 game in the offer cannot be changed for another.

They were willing to take your game in as a pre-order against something else, after you openly admitted to taking the DLC and then getting €40 credit for it anyway. You've hardly lost out in this deal. You appear to be attempting to change the course of the debate and argue a different point with each post too

Ok well then this discussion between me and you ends now then! U have made your opinion clear leave it at that!! Now please step away as I feel you are trying to bait me!! And I'm not getting dragged into an argument with you!!!

Fair enough, I'm not at all trying to do that, but it seems as though you are clearly unwilling to listen to other quite reasonable opinions. A mod should probably close the thread.

I think you know you are somewhat in the wrong, and again Im not defending the manager, he must have a chip on his shoulder and you can rightly berate him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Weepsie wrote: »
    You appear to be attempting to change the course of the debate and argue a different point with each post too
    Yeah. To be honest, I still don't know what happened. He's telling a different story with every post. Dark-Knight, care to give one last attempt at telling us what happened, because honestly I'm still clueless
    No trade.

Trades are subject to manager approval.

Yep, makes perfect sense alright.

OP, report the fact you were singled out for a personal attack to Gamestop HQ, they probably won't be too pleased with that store manager, who was, whatever the small print of the deal, totally out of order.

They mean that you can't do what Dark-Knight did; get a game for €3 and immediately trade it back in for store credit. Therefore, he broke the terms and conditions, and was refused the sale. Gamestop were dead on. He wasn't attacked, he was simply refused a sale.
    Ok I missed it online. Anything I seen instore said t and c apply... Thats it!

Can I ask helium do you work in Gamestop? Your making it your business to be very vocal here saying I was basically doing wrong and you were happy by your first post?

Just wondering??? Seems odd you seriously favouring Gamestop so much? I'm sure they have wiped your behind for you instore judging by the way your so defensive of Gamestop?

No, I don't work for Gamestop, nor do I particularly like them (although their new webstore offers and Facebook interactions are softening me a bit). You were doing wrong, and you broke the conditions of the offer. Yes, I am happy you got caught, because you were being foolish and telling other people online to copy you

Once again, I'm simply arguing with you because you're making serious accusations, and the other party isn't here to defend themselves. If you're going to send me insulting PMs again, can we just go ahead and get it out of the way now? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

This thread is hilarious. Am i seriously the only one who has never had any problems with Gamestop? *touch wood*

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

marko93 wrote: »
    This thread is hilarious. Am i seriously the only one who has never had any problems with Gamestop? *touch wood*
    You are.

I went to Gamestops for 2 YEARS looking for a 2nd-hand PS2 PAL copy of Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, and the bastards never had it.
    :mad:
    (nvm that PS2 PAL also never came out...)

• Advertisement

Healium I'm not going over anything again I have nothing to answer especially to you, you troll!!!!!!!

As for pms?????

Now GTFO

Oh forgot to mention you are the first person to make my ignore list on boards.ie well done:) bravo ;)

Sorry guys for going off topic with this post but I'm not going let myself be dragged down as if I have commited a crime I will not be made look a dick by a few here no way!!

RANT OVER:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

There hasn't be any 'Trolling' of note, you've provided more than enough rope for your own neck.

You came into the forum, set up a thread and started, 'playing to the gallery', all cockney fruit seller, with a dollop of vagueness on the events, then start getting uppity when other members start calling you up on your windy tale.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

*grabs popcorn with big glass of coke, sits down for the show to get in to culmination point. *

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

trainwreck2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lessons from this thread:

1. Gamestop screw people with over-priced 2nd hand games.
    2. Gamestop screw people with low trade-in values on games.
    3. Gamestop can be taken advantage of by using their own offers against them.
    4. The last 105 posts wouldn't exist if the game had been taken out of the wrapper and/or the seal was broken.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement