Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exotic Meat in Dublin

Options
  • 29-04-2011 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

I used to go to a small butcher in greystones when I was living out that way where I could get any meat under the sun. Crocodile, kangaroo even snake... The name of the place escapes me but living in Dun laoghaire now I dont really want to have to go that far for me din dins. Anyone know of any exotic butchers nearer Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Vetinarugbian

Hows it goiing, I think the butcher opposite the church in Glasthule just down the road from Dun Laoghaire does some weird stuff. He's a rip off though!!!!

Theres definitely a place in Terenure that does all that kind of meat but I guess Greystones would be as handy as there to get to.

If you try the place in Glasthue and it is good O'Tooles I think it is, will you let me know if its any use, thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Downeys in Terenure stick all sorts of stuff. Here is their website.

http://www.organicfoodsireland.com/gourmet_game.php

O'Tooles in Terenure is good as well, but I dont think they have the
    same range of exotic meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Yep Downeys in Terenure Village are your man (though note if you have a car parking is a bit away from the store, though I believe they deliver)

Superquinn used to do a range of 'exotics' and I got Springbok, kangaroo, etc from them but that said havnt seen too much in my local in recent times.

The SuperValu in Mount Merrion used to stock a small selection of exotic meat too

Hope you find what you are looking for and if so dont forget to share the recipes here!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭imasmeasmecanbe

Thanks for the help lads. Havent had a chance to get out yet but planning a bbq during the week... I can just taste the crocodile now:P

Advertisement