Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query

Options
  • 29-04-2011 6:16pm

I am unsure as to whether this is in the right section, or if I am even going about this right, but I recently purchased a domain name for my father through Blacknight. The actual hosting of the site is done on Digiweb. The site itself is designed using Joomla (1.5). I have linked the domain name to digiweb (via the Billing -> Domain Management) and have also FTP'd the website to Digiweb (which seems to have worked, as the files do appear to come up through their file manage.

Yet whenever I try and enter the site via the URL, which I purchased through Blacknight, nothing comes up. Is there something else I am missing?

Once again, have no idea if this is the right forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

So have you switched the nameservers to theirs or are you using us for DNS?

Thank you for your super quick reply, much appreciated.

I changed both the Primary and Secondary Name Servers to Digiweb. I'm just unsure if it's a problem on your end, their end, or I just made some absolutely stupid mistake, which is extremely likely. I'm completely new to this and have never attempted to host a website before, so I literally have no idea what I'm doing.

Please email support@blacknight.com with:
    - the domain
    - the nameservers you want it to use

We can then check what it is set to use and hopefully point you in the right direction

There is also this tutorial on changing nameservers:
    http://blacknightsolutions.blip.tv/file/3288378/

Emailed :)

Thank you.

I replied to your ticket

The nameservers are set correctly, so the matter is now out of our hands - sorry

• Advertisement

Got your email, thank you very much for your reply. It probably is something silly that I've done wrong, but at least I know the domain name itself is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 study68

Hi, Can you explain what do you mean .. "Yet whenever I try and enter the site via the URL, which I purchased through Blacknight, nothing comes up"

Is there any error that appear when you type the URL or is it just a blank screen?

Hi there,

When I try and open the URL in Chrome, it tells me that it could not find the site. Blacknight have already confirmed that the nameservers are pointing in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 study68

if you could share the domain name / url i could try to find the issue.. but it appears to me some issue with the hosting/site itself. try create & upload a simple index.html page and see if that loads up OK..

Advertisement