Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying people in the library!!!

Options
  • 29-04-2011 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Things that annoys you when trying to study in the library?

sniffling!!! blow your nose............:D

or guys legs shaking!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

There's some chap who always sits in the same area as me. I've developed an irrational hatred towards him.

He does absolutely no work, all he does is watch **** online on his laptop. He also walks weird, wears crap clothes and has an annoying haircut. Yesterday he drank about 4 of those free bottles of Mountain Dew, which is horrible. He also gets the same bag of sweets every day. I hate him.

It's actually pretty rational now thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

I have a hatred for the same fellah.

Perfectly rational.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭thom119

i'm a leg shaker, i can't help it though!! sorry

something that gets me is dell lap top chargers that are too short and you basically have to hurdle over a couple of them to get to your seat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

People on their high horse annoy me.
    When you sit down next to them they tut, when you move they sigh and you just know full well they think their better than you.
    Sorry for invading your chamber of solace that is a public library.

That and people who have 5+ facebook chat windows open. How do you expect to get work done?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I'm a leg shaker, sorry. Then again shouldn't disturb you while I study in my local library. (I recently discovered there are libraries outside UCD too.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

People that have a long and loud enough for you to hear it conversation near you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

People who put their laptop and books down on a seat and then wander off for 3 hours meaning no one else can use it. It's just selfish and lazy. Last week I just moved their stuff to the other side of the desk, they didn't know what to say when they came back :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

People who put their laptop and books down on a seat and then wander off for 3 hours meaning no one else can use it. It's just selfish and lazy. Last week I just moved their stuff to the other side of the desk, they didn't know what to say when they came back :D.

I've been doing this unintentionally a bit lately i.e i dont put my stuff down to stop people i just happen to get caught up with other stuff and end up being away from my stuff for a while but the funny thing is i know how much of a d1ck move it is if done intentionally so i practically feel like apologising to the complete strangers around me when i slink back in.

Its a classic but genuinely i dont get people having full blown discussions, whatever about a quick question but if you need to have a conversation that in-depth then go outside for a coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mrsbrightside

It really annoys me when people have headphones that blare whatever they're watching on youtube. Some guy was listening to Rubberbandits on repeat the other day, didn't mix too well with my economics I have to say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭MacieC

It really annoys me when people have headphones that blare whatever they're watching on youtube. Some guy was listening to Rubberbandits on repeat the other day, didn't mix too well with my economics I have to say!

That's what I was gonna say. If you wanna listen to music or watch movies or even chat on FB, then go home ! Some people are forced to study at home because the library is over crowded with a bunch of people who spend their library time being on FB or watching movies. That's quite unfair towards those who really want to work. And that's a waste of valuable space !
    But I do believe that staying in the library all day even if it's to watch movies, makes their conscience feel better like " I was at the library all day ".

Oh. And what I hate the most is when a bunch of girls sit together in those 3-tables area and start talking about their parties or whatever. Gosh. Go outside if you wanna talk !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

smk89 wrote: »
    People on their high horse annoy me.
    When you sit down next to them they tut, when you move they sigh and you just know full well they think their better than you.
    Sorry for invading your chamber of solace that is a public library.

That and people who have 5+ facebook chat windows open. How do you expect to get work done?
    i just ask them what their fcuking problem is and give them a string of abuse till they move away dam ass holes parasites on this earth they are :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nivag7

Definitely music blaring from earphones is the most annoying closely followed by people breathing extremely loud/heavily.

Oh and lads playing football underneath the windows at the back of the library!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 monkey90

people SMASHING the keys on their laptop.. like what did it ever do to you?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Going to have to go with people who feck off for a few hours and leave their **** there.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

^ This.
    Back in January I heard some girl making all these mad sex noises to herself. It went on for ages and loads of people were going for a gawk to see what was happening. It was like those shampoo ads. I think she just loved studying THAT much. That wasn't annoying tough, just weird/gas. Anyone else around for this? It was up on the science floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

about 2 or 3 weeks ago i was studying away and some young one came to the seat beside me, one of the only remaining plugs, left her laptop and books there and shagged off. this was around 2 o clock. when i left at 5 she still hadn't come back so i left her a little abusive note i hope she got it x x

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭tony007

aidoh wrote: »
    ^ This.
    Back in January I heard some girl making all these mad sex noises to herself. It went on for ages and loads of people were going for a gawk to see what was happening. It was like those shampoo ads. I think she just loved studying THAT much. That wasn't annoying tough, just weird/gas. Anyone else around for this? It was up on the science floor.

I was about for that ya. But I think she made a mistake when uploading something on the computer or something like that, and that was why she was moaning. Still weird though

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Coughing is something that's really starting to get on my nerves. Obviously a slight bit of coughing is ok, but some people just sound diseased and should really get out of the library crowded with people :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

This does my nut in. Same applies to people on busses, there's absolutely no need to have your earphones that loud, if anything you're doing damage. I always take my earphones out for a second to see can noise be heard from them.

A girl I was sitting beside decided to start blaring rhianna the other day and then took her earphones out and somehow came to the conclusion that they wern't making enough noise to warrant turning down and stuck them back in and kept going.

Oh the filthies that were thrown.

On the coughing front, while it can be annoying at least its not intentional.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Close call between those 'people' who leave their stuff unattended at their desks for hours and the airheads who have full blown conversations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

This does my nut in. Same applies to people on busses, there's absolutely no need to have your earphones that loud, if anything you're doing damage. I always take my earphones out for a second to see can noise be heard from them.

A girl I was sitting beside decided to start blaring rhianna the other day and then took her earphones out and somehow came to the conclusion that they wern't making enough noise to warrant turning down and stuck them back in and kept going.

Oh the filthies that were thrown.

On the coughing front, while it can be annoying at least its not intentional.

I've told people on several occasions to turn down their music because I can hear it, and they all didn't realise how loud it was. Poor quality headphones are often bad at keeping in the sound. Although your individual just sounds obnoxious.

Still don't understand how anyone can concentrate on their studies listening to Rhianna, however :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭loalae

It's really annoying when you sit in the electronic device-free zone and the dumb bint beside you doesn't stop texting. I was so cross yesterday over that.

And she was a sniffler! Just blow your f**king nose!

I'm bringing tissues with me tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

When people are giving out about people leaving their stuff in a places for ages, are they only talking about places with sockets? Because in the area that I sit there is always at least free place or two no matter the time of year. Although there are are no sockets. Today it's particularly quiet though I guess its a Sunday.

Also, if people are doing stuff that are so annoying, why don't you just tell them to stop? Granted it would be a bit much to tell someone to stop sniffling (not picking on you loalae, just using it as an example :)) but if someone is chatting away, has their music on too loud or whatever I will always tell them firmly but politely to stop becasue they are distracting and annoying me. Haven't had anyone continue afterwards so far, and few times the people didn't realise how disruptive they were. I'd never just sit there and let myself be distracted if someone was breaking the rules of the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

People who leave those printer cards in the machines so there's about 5 minutes of Beep...beep...beep...beep before they take them out or someone else does

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

aidoh wrote: »
    ^ This.

The temptation is too strong.

I'll have what she's having.

Glad I got that out of my system.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 FiendishFriend

People who flashmob!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

I didn't think it was possible to screw up a flash mob that much..UCD today has taught me differently!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

What actually happened?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭WhiteRussian

The state of the area outside the library; how was it decided that the cleaners should have the weekend off? Absolute tip; coffee cups and sweet wrappers everywhere. The ramp down to 911 looks like a gutter who would see in Bombay. Filthy.

And the queues for the library today were sensational; apparently outside the building at 9am this morning. Hopefully it dies down when I head in after dinner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

The queue in at 9.15 this morning was over to the research center!

Advertisement