Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ireland's literacy?what is going on?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

a surprising amount of people on Boards think it's correct to write 'I wasn't allowed do it' or 'I was made do it', so the OP isn't entirely incorrect. The example she gave was silly, though.

Ah, Muphry. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

i usually make a point of reading a whole thread before i reply, but i just couldnt be doing it with this one....

so i'll just leave this here:

"I was in a Chinese restaurant when a duck came up to me with a rose and said:
    'Your eyes sparkle like the stars'.
    So I said to the waiter: 'Excuse me, I ordered aromatic duck!!!!!!'

• Ah, Muphry. :pac:

Pfft, typical! I was going to use a different noun after 'amount' but I got distracted. :(

Advertisement