Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

endless problems with aks74u dboys

• 29-04-2011 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

got a kalash (dboys) aks74u from<snip> a while back from <snip> and ive never got to skirmish with it! :mad: ive had it for at least 2 years and it has never worked properly. it was shooting at .2 of a joule at one stage when i got it fixed at main irish airsoft. it was fine then until the charger decided to melt after about an hours charging. the battery stopped working out of the blue recently. i got a new battery from main irish airsoft and went to test shoot it in my back lawn today and it fires about 30 ft. the part that connects to teh mag also slides up and down for no reason, the stock was always wobbly scicne the day i got it! why cant it just work? ive never taken the gun apart or fiddled with internals or externals in any way apart from openin the "door" to put the battery in and take it out. oh and when i change th hop up it changes nothing!!!:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Your complaining about a gun from two years ago? The only problems you've listed are low power, something being loose and the hop being unresponsive.

Check your air seals for damage and your cylinder for a hole on the side. Replace as necessary.
    Check your hop unit for damage and ensure the rubber is clean, dry and seated. Replace as necessary.
    Tighten the loose part.

Done.

Seriously? Endless?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭oneill787

NakedDex wrote: »
    Your complaining about a gun from two years ago? The only problems you've listed are low power, something being loose and the hop being unresponsive.

Check your air seals for damage and your cylinder for a hole on the side. Replace as necessary.
    Check your hop unit for damage and ensure the rubber is clean, dry and seated. Replace as necessary.
    Tighten the loose part.

Done.

Seriously? Endless?

i really dont know what your telling me to do. ive had these problem since i got it and ive listed a few more problems than that. by endless i mean every time i dish out more money to get it "fixed" i find a new problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Is the L shaped plastic bracket infront of the hopup present?
    That holds it against the gearbox to maintain air seal, and would explaing the mag feed nozzle 'sliding' and the massive loss in pressure.

Other options is take it to a compitent mechanic to get fixed, (airsoft mechanic) Becaues i cant think of too many causes for the issues mentioned... Anyone should be able to sort if if they know thier cheddar.

As for stock wobble.. heh, its an AK, the folders wobble a bit, its normal.

thanks for your answers i think my best bet would be to get main irish airsoft to look at it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

oneill787 wrote: »
    thanks for your answers i think my best bet would be to get main irish airsoft to look at it?

Or any other airsoft retailer, or any of the people on Boards who do tech work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Going back to them does not seem to have worked in the past. Go to another retailer or one of the many techs on boards. I highly recommend Leftyflip and/or QAS which is quite near to MIA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭thermo

got a kalash (dboys) aks74u from<snip> a while back from <snip> and ive never got to skirmish with it! :mad: ive had it for at least 2 years and it has never worked properly. it was shooting at .2 of a joule at one stage when i got it fixed at main irish airsoft. it was fine then until the charger decided to melt after about an hours charging. the battery stopped working out of the blue recently. i got a new battery from main irish airsoft and went to test shoot it in my back lawn today and it fires about 30 ft. the part that connects to teh mag also slides up and down for no reason, the stock was always wobbly scicne the day i got it! why cant it just work? ive never taken the gun apart or fiddled with internals or externals in any way apart from openin the "door" to put the battery in and take it out. oh and when i change th hop up it changes nothing!!!:mad:

if you have a problem with a retailer, then i suggest you take it up with them in person. do not use boards as a platform to give out about problems on a two year old clone AEG.

thermo wrote: »
    if you have a problem with a retailer, then i suggest you take it up with them in person. do not use boards as a platform to give out about problems on a two year old clone AEG.

just asking for help. and i have tried to cantact the retailer directly but they wouldn't reply

Contacting a retailer about a clone AK that you bought two years ago is going to garner you nothing. It'd be the same as buying a CD in HMV, losing the receipt and trying to get it replaced two years later because it had a scratch.

Contacting a retailer about a clone AK that you bought two years ago is going to garner you nothing. It'd be the same as buying a CD in HMV, losing the receipt and trying to get it replaced two years later because it had a scratch.
    That is why im asking for help on boards not the eirsoft website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

and i have tried to cantact the retailer directly but they wouldn't reply

When did you contact us ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭BARRETT.50BMG

Jesus H Christ give the lad a break. He is clearly inexperienced and is loooking for help and your lambasting the poor guy. Your best bet is to just buy a new piece. If its 2 years old and its an endless list of problems buy something new. JG G36c is pretty much indestructable. I promise you you will get 2 years of peace. You could probably recoup some of the value on here by selling it for parts. Hope this helps!

People we need to go a bit easier on people who arent experienced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Um, what? Every one of the first 5 posts offered the guy helpful advice... He didn't understand how to do it himself, fair play... people suggested he take it to a retailer for repair, or one of boards's freelance technicians.

How is that 'going hard on him'? When mud started to think about flying, some more restrictive comments came in, which is fair. I don't think its possible to blame a retailer for a gun they didnt make, dont offer warranty on (in print) and is now, out of any conceavable warranty even if it was offered.

Chances are, the gun is fine with a bit of tlc in qualified hands. Ive had three kalash Aks, (Dboys) and one is about that age, and still a performer. Its not time to 'give up' and buy something new... if anything, that was the unhelpful advice at this stage of the game. There are many possibilities still in play that could solve his problem at minimal cost to him. Suggesting he give up and get a new gun is premature, in my opinion.
    However, the JG G36 recomendation is sound, they are darn good guns. If all else fails, Id agree he look at one of those. For now however, I think he could solve this for the price of a tech taking it down and rebuilding it.

Best option for now? take the gun in for repair, all good retailers offer a repair / upgrade service. They will sort your problem if you're unable to.

Im specifically talking about the not so nice comments, I thought people could read between the lines on that one. Apologies.

If you found my advice ''unhelpful'' thats your opinion, I had similar issues with a DBOYs Kalash and spent more on repairs then on the AEG itself, so please dont belittle the advice im giving, I havent done so with yours. From what I have read you have a reputation around here for doing so, so in the future please dont.

The poster complained that the list of problems were "endless". My first reply was a break down of these "endless" to point out that they weren't endless at all, simply a few small items that had not been fixed.
    The reason for me doing this was the accusatory manner (intentional or otherwise) in which he implied that an undiagnosed problem which,was poorly repaired by another store, was somehow the fault of Eirsoft two years after the fact.

It was also a list of the things that needed to be checked in order to return the gun to full working order. The assumption was made, on my part, that the poster had basic knowledge of an AEG internals as the majority of airsofters would after having owned a device for at least two years. The list was, essentially, a fault finding guide.
    The description was a tad vague, so my advice to "Tighten the loose part" is void given said part, it transpires, is part of the hop unit.

Nobody was "lambasting" the poster for asking a question, but the manner and tone of the post didn't invoke feelings of puppy-dogs in buttercup meadows either. It read more like a rant about a retailer than a question about repairing an old rifle.

Speaking of rants, yours is curious. You've offered no real information in your post beyond "buy a new one" (which I wouldn't class as anything remotely apprpacking useful commentary unless there was question of it being a write-off due to catastrophic structural damage). You have, however, torn into posters with a degree of venom.
    Perhaps keeping the posts on-topic and non-personal would be something you should be giving more concerned thought to.

Well the tone your applying is quite condascending. Lets get that out of the way right off the bat. I was simply saying that perhaps a small amount of courtesy and restraint be applied to the OP as he is clearly inexperienced.

My advice was given as such because of my own negative experiences with the exact same piece. Seeing as he has repeatedly sent it to retailers who cant seem to find the problem, surely if the professionals are having a tough time finding a solution to the issues, perhaps a new avenue should be explored.

There is a saying about those who assume my friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

From my two years nearly of doing tech work - nothing is ever unfixable. Ever. It's merely about having the expertise, tools and parts, aswell as a few hours. Chances are, that it is two or three very simply fixed things. It's obvious that previous attempts made to fix the issues were done improperly and/or not done at all.

A couple of screws(maybe), the "L" packing and a decent spring/air nozzle or cylinder and spring. Which would cost about €50-€60 to get done.

The poster complained that the list of problems were "endless". My first reply was a break down of these "endless" to point out that they weren't endless at all, simply a few small items that had not been fixed.
    The reason for me doing this was the accusatory manner (intentional or otherwise) in which he implied that an undiagnosed problem which,was poorly repaired by another store, was somehow the fault of Eirsoft two years after the fact.

It was also a list of the things that needed to be checked in order to return the gun to full working order. The assumption was made, on my part, that the poster had basic knowledge of an AEG internals as the majority of airsofters would after having owned a device for at least two years. The list was, essentially, a fault finding guide.
    The description was a tad vague, so my advice to "Tighten the loose part" is void given said part, it transpires, is part of the hop unit.

Nobody was "lambasting" the poster for asking a question, but the manner and tone of the post didn't invoke feelings of puppy-dogs in buttercup meadows either. It read more like a rant about a retailer than a question about repairing an old rifle.

Speaking of rants, yours is curious. You've offered no real information in your post beyond "buy a new one" (which I wouldn't class as anything remotely apprpacking useful commentary unless there was question of it being a write-off due to catastrophic structural damage). You have, however, torn into posters with a degree of venom.
    Perhaps keeping the posts on-topic and non-personal would be something you should be giving more concerned thought to.
    Do this for me, go to the original post and copy and paste where implied that it was eirsoft's fault. also how can you get a tone from a typed message. I was simply asking for advice on what my best option was. if the original post offends you im sorry but its your problem, just dont reply to it.

Shiva wrote: »
    When did you contact us ?
    through private message. I got no reply. you may have missed it.

Do this for me, go to the original post and copy and paste where implied that it was eirsoft's fault.

You didnt actually say it was out fault, and I dont think now that you meant it that way - but it came across very heavily that we had somehow refused to fix the problem, or had been unable to. You actually invalidated your warranty if you brought it to MIA during the warranty period.

I have to admit to having been a bit miffed at the post, especially as, despite the fact that like all retailers, we have occasionally dropped the ball and let people down, we have never, ever, ever, EVER refused to put right a problem like that. Nor would we ever.

Anyway....all that aside, dont give up on it. Those Kalash's are usually pretty good guns for their price, and a few quid will get all those problems sorted for you. QAS arent too far from MIA, and they'll probably be able to get you sorted pretty quick.

• Advertisement

through private message. I got no reply. you may have missed it.

Yeah, most likely I did...apologies for that.

Yeah, most likely I did...apologies for that.

ive jsut seen a "Conatct Us" section on your site, I'l use that if i need you in the future?

ive jsut seen a "Conatct Us" section on your site, I'l use that if i need you in the future?

Yeah, emails are the best bet.

You didnt actually say it was out fault, and I dont think now that you meant it that way - but it came across very heavily that we had somehow refused to fix the problem, or had been unable to. You actually invalidated your warranty if you brought it to MIA during the warranty period.

I have to admit to having been a bit miffed at the post, especially as, despite the fact that like all retailers, we have occasionally dropped the ball and let people down, we have never, ever, ever, EVER refused to put right a problem like that. Nor would we ever.

Anyway....all that aside, dont give up on it. Those Kalash's are usually pretty good guns for their price, and a few quid will get all those problems sorted for you. QAS arent too far from MIA, and they'll probably be able to get you sorted pretty quick.
    Okay thanks for the advice. I can't say it was my fault that some other posters who read it and thought "This is just some idiot trying to insult as many people as he can" or something along those lines. But even if its off topic maybe i should have mentioned the fact that i bought a g36c from you which has never given me any hassle.

Advertisement