Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AGM VSR-10

• 29-04-2011 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

My VSR-10 started 'slam firing' a while back. I researched the problem and everywhere seemed to be saying that the piston sear needed changing. Ordered the part, fitted it today. It fired fine for two shots and then started slam firing again. Anyone have any ideas/similar experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Chances are it wasnt the piston sear.

Check one: are the screws in the scope mount all tight enough? The rear of the reciver is separate to the front, and the rear of the trigger unit fastens to that, if the rear isnt lifted right, it slam fires. Also check the trigger unit is screwed in properly.

Check two: have you got an aftermarket piston in? they can be odd sizes relative to stock sears or thier own.

Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭DBSound

Ya I've checked all these and no joy. Ya the piston is stock as well. I'd say Im just gonna have to stick it on the wall and forget about it. Serves me right for buying a cheap clone :(
    Thanks for the reply anyway though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

dont turn it into a wall hanger... you can sort it. Check the trigger action off the gun, and check its engaging.

Advertisement