Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dutch Gold

Options
  • 29-04-2011 8:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭

its gone stale since they changed recipe. just like the country. why do they have to change things when they're good already.

sad times.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

cant believe they still sell this foamy sh.ite in its tonnes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Good? :pac::pac:It's pure piss water.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

The words "Dutch Gold" and "good" should never be that close together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

That Dutch muck always tasted weird. Although when I was younger I actually got a taste for it. Having a can of carlsberg then I thought I was really posh. Used a glass and all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Dutch Gold was never good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Dutch Gold.....poor man's Hoffmans :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭ball

How come no Dutch people ever heard of Dutch Gold?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Bavarian now...that's a good cheap beer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Dutch Gold = goats piss.

Fanky as Muck!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭I would ride myself cos im a sexy man

blindpilot wrote: »
    Dutch Gold was never good.
    a few years ago in the celtic tiger it was good, then nthe boom went down and to cut costs they make a cheaper worse recipe.
    its also too foamy. also the quality of can is poor, i dropped one the other day and it instantly foamed all on the ground.

the current can should be price at 50c, NO MORE. these politickos are bringing ordinary people to our knees!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

ball wrote: »

In Holland its called Dutch Schgold, yesh

more like dutch courage- you'd probably end up in prison after drinking a case of that stuff
    imagine the poor bas.tards that ended up in prison after a night out and the last thing they could remember was downing a can of dutch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

I love dutch, was snobby about it when I was working but since being made redundant now Ive grown to love it, same as Bavaria.

Once you tackle the first two cans there is no difference at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Dutch Mould, Back in the celtic tiger days. Good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

ball wrote: »

Because its neither dutch nor gold

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭cml387

Ah,from the same brewery as Eight Ace:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight_Ace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

If Bear Grylls is thirsty and doesnt need to pee, he drinks Dutch gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Tubourg is where its at!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

There's a bit of snobbery around the whole Dutch Gold thing, put simply I don't believe a lot of people when they slag it off.

Its a grand larger once its chilled, like them all really.

I hadn't drank it in a few years then two weeks ago I bought some for an all day session in the garden, not a bother with it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Tubourg is where its at!

Jesus sufferin' motherf*ck

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭I would ride myself cos im a sexy man

i dont like larger i drink it because its cheap.1 euro is still a complete rip tho!:(

devils bit is nicer cider for slightly more. Never tried bavaria or kerpacki , really gotta tho.

Also for cheap stuff, schooner wine, is very nice and only 4.89 and 15 percent. not sure what they put in it tho.

There's a bit of snobbery around the whole Dutch Gold thing, put simply I don't believe a lot of people when they slag it off.

Its a grand larger once its chilled, like them all really.

I hadn't drank it in a few years then two weeks ago I bought some for an all day session in the garden, not a bother with it at all.
    Exactly. It's like the way a few years ago everyone slagged someone wearing Dunnes or Pennys gear, and now the whole country is wearing it.

Tubourg is where its at!

the beer of danish kings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

a few years ago in the celtic tiger it was good, then nthe boom went down and to cut costs they make a cheaper worse recipe.
    its also too foamy. also the quality of can is poor, i dropped one the other day and it instantly foamed all on the ground.

the current can should be price at 50c, NO MORE. these politickos are bringing ordinary people to our knees!!

I just never liked the taste of it myself. Each to their own I suppose.

Dutch Mould, Back in the celtic tiger days. Good times.
    we dont have the money these days,back in the good times i was a bulmers drinker, its too dear now and the pubs cant afford to have it on tap.

soon EVERYONE will be drinking dutch gold, and the cheap stuff. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

It's no Tuborg

we dont have the money these days,back in the good times i was a bulmers drinker, its too dear now and the pubs cant afford to have it on tap.

I remember a pint of cider was cheaper then larger until Charlie McCreevy hiked up the duty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

It changed for the worse when the can changed but its not too bad at the moment , reminds me of the way it tasted when the can had a red stripe round the top and was 6 for a fiver. Good times

how much is tuborg ive just put it on my to do list, along with bav and kerpacki.

dutch gold
    kerpacki
    bavaria
    tuborg

gotta be a winner in there somewhere. are they all lagers, and how cheap?

soon EVERYONE will be drinking dutch gold, and the cheap stuff. :pac:
    Pitchers of Bavaria in my local for 10e, be falling home after 30e.

right job, and I seen a few "connoisseurs" of beer belting pitchers into them so it mustn't be that bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

This always makes me smile.I Have a mate who loves Dutch gold.
    Coman where not happy when gardai clamped down on underage drinking in Lucan. The name was "Operation Dutch Gold" http://www.independent.ie/national-news/garda-drink-clampdown-unfair-to-lager-company-93740.html

Advertisement