Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dutch Gold

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Aldi had "Galahad" "Premium" lager

3.9%

12x500ml = €7.99 ( 67c per can / 77c a pint / €1.33 a L €6.06 per imperial gallon) (works out 99c to give you the same alcohol content as a pint of 5%)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Amsterdam Mariner ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

In fairness you can get nice stuff in Fidl fare cheap these days, there should be no excuse to drink Dutch Gold. None.

i am having a Bavaria now and I have notice that too has gone downhill in recent times. Or maybe my tastes have become more refined since I started the approach to 30.....

And karpackie = depression

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Well yeah, that's cos it kills all your taste buds!!!
    Not really, not more than any other of the beers.

Infact any beer leaves me with a mouth like Gandhi's sandle the next day.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Sitec wrote: »
    Not really, not more than any other of the beers.

Infact any beer leaves me with a mouth like Gandhi's sandle the next day.:p
    And that's why I don't drink beer. I'd rather not have sandle mouth, thank you very much :p

• Advertisement

Aoifey! wrote: »
    And that's why I don't drink beer. I'd rather not have sandle mouth, thank you very much :p
    Women never drink beer, they end up with sandle flap instead. AKA leather lips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Basher Ned

Tuborg is just low alcohol crap., Its water with 4% alochol added. Yuch. Tuborg and 7UP is just kids shandy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Look at all the moneybags here with their brands name beers. Tesco Lager is where its really at, so good they dont need to mess around with fancy packiaging or branding

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Images/ExternalImages/ProductsDetailed/75/009975.jpg?ts=633851753184

Laid out 4 cans beer last night and a bottle. Cans Heineken, Tuborg, Dutch Gold, Bavaria and bottle Bud. ****iest beer was Bud followed by Tuborg which tastes same. Bavaria good but hard pressed for difference between Dutch Gold and Heineken.......incredible and unbelievable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

ball wrote: »

I was in The Glimmerman on Manor St the other day. They had pints of Tuborg for €3.40. Not bad

they have it in my local for the same price, the whole boozer is on the stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Basher Ned wrote: »
    Laid out 4 cans beer last night and a bottle. Cans Heineken, Tuborg, Dutch Gold, Bavaria and bottle Bud. ****iest beer was Bud followed by Tuborg which tastes same. Bavaria good but hard pressed for difference between Dutch Gold and Heineken.......incredible and unbelievable!

you're talking out your arse, Bud tastes nothing like Tuborg. Tuborg has much more of a taste off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

No great surprise. The only difference between Heineken, Carlsberg and Dutch Gold and the rest of the boring lagers is marketing. They are all equally shit so you may as well have the cheapest one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

I wont hear a bad word said against Dutch Gold. It played a vital role in my development as a human being in my teenage years and i will be forever grateful of this esteemed drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Pauleta wrote: »
    I wont hear a bad word said against Dutch Gold. It played a vital role in my development as a human being in my teenage years and i will be forever grateful of this esteemed drink.

Have to say, been a student all my life and even I avoid the stuff when I can .... Bav is so much nicer or the auld Stella when its on offer... Carlsburg at a euro a can was great too............ Cheaper than Coca Cola!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

DJCR wrote: »
    Have to say, been a student all my life and even I avoid the stuff when I can .... Bav is so much nicer or the auld Stella when its on offer... Carlsburg at a euro a can was great too............ Cheaper than Coca Cola!!!!

Bavaria is quite nice but back in my day Dutch Gold was the only real beer option in the 6 for £5 bracket. I used to go without lunch most days just to have money for 6 dutch and 10 smokes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

kfallon wrote: »
    Dutch Gold.....poor man's Hoffmans :pac:

Oh how id love a can of Hoffmans now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Oh how id love a can of Hoffmans now :(

Hoffmans farts tho.....they'd take the paint off the walls.....

Hoffmans farts tho.....they'd take the paint off the walls.....

They were the best tho :)....the smell out of me bedroom the next morning was bad very bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Dutch Gold is the bomb an anyone who says otherwise is just hating. I suppose haters gonna hate.

I'd drink it all day and all night. Pure quality and 6 cans for €6.50. Sure you'd be mad to leave it behind you.

They were the best tho :)....the smell out of me bedroom the next morning was bad very bad...

You'd swear you'd got a dead rat burger in Skippers at 3am the night before the 'bang' was that bad!!!

• Advertisement

You'd swear you'd got a dead rat burger in Skippers at 3am the night before the 'bang' was that bad!!!

Ha ha its been a while since I ate something out of Skippers

Ha ha its been a while since I ate something out of Skippers

Used to love the scallops and the chip buttys! Closed now isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

The key to drinking Dutch Gold is to leave about a 6th of the can. The last swig is the one that turns your stomach.

Never heard of Hoffmans so asked my Dad. He says it was low alcohol beer passed off as cheap heineken in pubs in 70's ! Dont think its sold nowadays ?

RichieC wrote: »
    you're talking out your arse, Bud tastes nothing like Tuborg. Tuborg has much more of a taste off it.
    Tuborg is tasteless and is mainly water with little alcohol. Tis no wonder your pub can sell it so cheap. Tuborg, Steiger, Hoffmans ....... little difference only the decades have changed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

all the above beers are muck, karpackie ftw ( 4 for a 5er <3 )

enda1 wrote: »
    No great surprise. The only difference between Heineken, Carlsberg and Dutch Gold and the rest of the boring lagers is marketing. They are all equally shit so you may as well have the cheapest one.
    True very true!

Pdfile wrote: »
    all the above beers are muck, karpackie ftw ( 4 for a 5er <3 )
    Karapakcie too strong ...5% ! Even at 4 for €5 it can hitt hard after few cans!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Karapakcie too strong ...5% ! Even at 4 for €5 it can hitt hard after few cans!

even cheaper in poland... and you dont need beer googles for the ladies :cool:

• Advertisement

Karapakcie too strong ...5% ! Even at 4 for €5 it can hitt s h i t hard after few cans!
    ;)

Advertisement