Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare FM

• 29-04-2011 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Did anyone hear a fella called Butcher McCarthy on the Clare fm Friday evening sports programme? The best few minutes of radio I've heard in a long time. He was on about a road race that he couldn't run in because he thought he'd be in bushy park by Monday. Can't think where to begin describing the rest of the content but I nearly had to pull the car over he was such a riot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Did anyone hear a fella called Butcher McCarthy on the Clare fm Friday evening sports programme? The best few minutes of radio I've heard in a long time. He was on about a road race that he couldn't run in because he thought he'd be in bushy park by Monday. Can't think where to begin describing the rest of the content but I nearly had to pull the car over he was such a riot.
    :)
    Aye..... Butcher is a gas man alright,he has 2 weddings to attend to over the weekend(thats if i heard him correctly)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

He would be a bit of a legend in KIB. See him on the latest Vodafone TV add.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

finbarrk wrote: »
    Really :D ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I used to think Clare FM was terrible but the range of tunes on national radio has gotten so narrow lately (to the point when you flick around the same songs playing at the same time) that it compares pretty favorably. It's worth tuning into for the trad anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭iluvcake

Quote:

I was thinking it was Butcher in the advertisement but I wasn't sure, thanks for clearing that up finbarrk, it was wrecking my head for weeks!:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

any podcast link to this?

I'm from Limk, but would flick on Clare FM quite a bit. There's a good range of music on it you won't always here on national radio during the day, which is good. It's always good for the trad too.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

They also do their own newscasts all evening,something that seems to be beyond live95.

Advertisement