Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chelsea V Tottenham match thread.

Options
  • 29-04-2011 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭

Absolute massive game at the bridge, although nothing but 3 points will do in the race for 4th I can see us nagging a score draw but I hope to be proved wrong !!
    BAE and huddlestone are absent so it looks like the team could form out something like
    Gomes
    Kaboul Dawson Gallas Bale
    Vdv Sandro Modric Lennon
    Pav Defoe

Good to see both forwards scoring last week so hopefully keep it going ! And torres back to his usual ****e
    Match live on sky sports 1
    COYS!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Emoran wrote: »
    Absolute massive game at the bridge, although nothing but 3 points will do in the race for 4th I can see us nagging a score draw but I hope to be proved wrong !!
    BAE and huddlestone are absent so it looks like the team could form out something like
    Gomes
    Kaboul Dawson Gallas Bale
    Vdv Sandro Modric Lennon
    Pav Defoe

Good to see both forwards scoring last week so hopefully keep it going ! And torres back to his usual ****e
    Match live on sky sports 1COYS!

Are you sure that's not Sky Sports 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Apologies !
    Wasnt thinking when writing it out...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I'm not holding out much hope for a win in this game I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jerryDyid

got a good feeling about this game :D
    3-1 to us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

13/2 spurs for a win(vc):eek:

8/15 (pp) for chelsea

draw 7/2(vc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Massive game. Chelsea will be within touching distance of Utd at the top if they win, and Spurs closer to City so both teams need the win. Should be a corker, no idea how its gonna turn out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

please God, let us best these horrible cnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'd go with:

Gomes
    Kaboul - Dawson - Gallas --- Bale
    Lennon - Sandro - Modric - Pienaar
    VDV

Crouch

Alternatively it could be Jenas in the centre with Modric on the left. Defoe could be a better option to play the lone striker for this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Glebee

Cant see us getting anything out of this going on last few games weve played but you never know I suppose. Hopefully Harry can get things rolling again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

On behalf of everyone at Manchester United may I wish you and your team all the best today.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

what a goal from sandro. harry pulls him over then to tell him not go forward as there was too much space being left. what a goal though

thanks again gomes.

whole ball wasnt over the line but was pathetic again from that ape .

was such a good half by spurs, sandro was immense but gomes has let us down AGAIN

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Gomes needs to go. It was a bad call, but it doesnt change the fact that that was awful goalkeeping. Awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

mickman wrote: »
    thanks again gomes.

was such a good half by spurs, sandro was immense but gomes has let us down AGAIN

only harsh thing in that statement.

all the hard work outdone by poor linesman decision from a reasonible tame shot straight at gomes and and even poorer attempt at a save by gomes. :(

why does harry still start him:confused:

our strikers are not given the same courtesy and he came out during the week saying they have performed this season.

would you risk taking gomes off now at half time and shatter his confidence for good or leave him on and let chelsea shoot from anywhere the get with in distance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 bobby boots

Instead of talking about what a great 1st half we've played, were yet again talking about Gomes. Fooking douchebag!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Take a bow Sandro, great strike. I wish Alan Smith would shutup about it "possibly hitting Modric", don't take that away from Sandro.

Unbelievable again from Gomes. Don't possibly know who could replace him that would be available, though, if he was to be sold like many people want!

sandro is just playing top class. i really cant see a place for tom in this team while sandro is playing like he is

id drop gomes and play cudicini. he isnt great but he wouldnt make as many howlers as gomes. shot straight at him with little power, a kid would have saved it

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Take a bow Sandro, great strike. I wish Alan Smith would shutup about it "possibly hitting Modric", don't take that away from Sandro.

Unbelievable again from Gomes. Don't possibly know who could replace him that would be available, though, if he was to be sold like many people want!

shay given?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

thanks again gomes.

fcukin classy

well done mate:rolleyes:

sunshine supporter yeah?

• Advertisement

vdv just lost it with pav, pav keeps shooting from stupid positions and wont pass. defoe on now for pav. pav is too selfish

BERBA wrote: »
    fcukin classy

well done mate:rolleyes:

sunshine supporter yeah?

whatever buddy. i can say what i want about players in a team that i support and no im not a sunshine supporter. have been over 3 times already this season, that enough for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 bobby boots

Stick a cone between the nets, problem solved.

blatant peno. ref seems on our side now to make up for mistake in first half

• Registered Users Posts: 9,742 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Looks like the ref just tried to even the odds there. Looked like a defo peno when Kaboul slide in.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

blatant peno. ref seems on our side now to make up for mistake in first half

He went down with no contact from anyone, less a Peno , more a yellow

Mactard wrote: »
    He went down with no contact from anyone, less a Peno , more a yellow

r u joking? kaboul fouled him.

dont matter anyway now.

excellent performance today from luca

• Registered Users Posts: 9,742 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Everything through Luka as usual ... pity we didnt have a few more players on his wave lenght.

VDV ... highlight reel before xmas - 15mins long. Highlight reel since xmas 15 seconds.

Players looked tired and are getting sloppy. Chelsea to sneak it in the final minutes.

initially off side?>>

• Advertisement

game over. it was a great performance by our team today , out done by reckless keeping and dodgy linesmen.

playing for 5th now and maybe less as we have no full backs available at all now. if the pool win tomorrow they go 5th.

there are a few weak links that need to be sorted in the summer, goalie, right back, and up top.

4 new players.

Advertisement