Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chelsea V Tottenham match thread.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

just looking at the fixtures, it looks more likely that we will finish 6th now. thats fine for this season as long as we keep hold of luca and bale and dawson. if anyone of them leaves then it will start a landslide of players leaving and we will be in big touble

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

Well done Levy and co for ruining this new era...pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

honestly,

i didnt expect much today. i got a great performance from the team but feel relly let down by gomes. is harry going to man up and stick the lad on the bench. its time for change. he was quick enough to openly slate hutton and blame him for the fulham fa cup exit(which i dont think was his fault as much as dawsons but hey) and i dont think has started him since i could be wrong there.

anyway looks seriously like we will have to fight like dogs to hold onto 5th.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Massive win here 3 priceless points ...

marty2002 wrote: »
    Well done Levy and co for ruining this new era...pathetic
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

keane=cock wrote: »
    :confused:

Its not brain surgery mate, their dithering in the transfer window has cost us, 7 chelsea players were favs to score before any spurs player, says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

That's was ridiculous we should of won that we were robbed played a brilliant defensive game and scores a great goal should of had three points two absolute joke decisions the second because he was clearly offside and the first because it didn't go over the line but the linesman felt he should hive it based on the crowds reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I'm dissapointed. God, please let City slip up in the remaining games...

marty2002 wrote: »
    Its not brain surgery mate, their dithering in the transfer window has cost us, 7 chelsea players were favs to score before any spurs player, says it all.

i will agree with u on this first part i felt not strengthening in jan really cost us and gave liverpool the edge and said in jan i felt they would catch us.

cant blame levy for paddy power thinking drogba will score before pav!

Really hope Harry let's rip at the ref and do it the ferguson way make them afraid of giving borderline decisions against us Harry has is themedia darling as well so if he says it it'll be heard by every single ref.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

Cianan2 wrote: »
    I'm dissapointed. God, please let City slip up in the remaining games...

I'd be more worried about Liverpool than City at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Today is my last day watch this so-called "world class" league!

If they want people to watch it they can't go on gifting non-goals to favoured teams, and between the not-crossing-the-line and the offside today was a fiasco.

Gomes screwed up but made up for it by preventing the goal, only for an idiot 35 yards away to make a sickening call.

Will still have my heart with Spurs, but never watching this ****e again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Pav and Jenas are such pointless footballers.

Some of Sandros tackles were brilliant today!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Modric ran the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭Morgans

I am happier today than after the West Brom game. Thought Modric, Sandro and Huddlestone are the basis of a fantastic midfield. Who knows, even Wilson might recover his mojo. I think our back line isnt in need as much surgery as many think. Kaboul is turning into a player and fingers crossed if injury free, should improve again next year.

Even at 1-0 we still wouldnt have been favourites to finish fourth and I'm not pushed at missing out on the Europa League. I think keeping out of that will give us a better chance next year to be in fourth - just like it did last year.

It would be an added bonus if that howler is the last points that Gomes costs us. Cannot be jeopardising fine defending of Gallas (immense today I thought) with nonsense from Gomes. A liability that needs fixing - maybe the highest priority of the summer, even ahead of the strikers.

Normally I'd be gutted but I think it was a goal and I can see why the linesman gave it. We had lost 4th place long before this game and as I said earlier, I wouldnt be crying if we ended up in 6th.

Christ, Modric is some player.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

Two decisions went against but we cant dwell on that, its done now. As said above, I wouldn't mind missing out on the Uefa Cup but what I think we'll find hardest is holding to and attracting the big name players we need.
    Fingers crossed that the players stick together and realise the quality is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Some of Sandros tackles were brilliant today!

I didn't get to see the full match, so missed his goal until the end, but what I saw impressed me. I genuinely think he's going to be a class act. He's already excellent, and it's only his first half a season - next season I'd have him as one of the first names on the team sheet.

As for the result - if Gomes had done his job there wouldn't have been a contentious decision to debate. He made a balls of a simple shot, should've caught it first time, didn't, made amends and was punished by a linesman who should've known better. No Gomes mistake, no goal, and who knows what the result would've been. The 2nd goal was a joke, but we've seen so many partial offside decisions go for/against us over the last few seasons that we can't really complain.

Overall, the lads can be proud, but 4th is gone, and to be honest I hope we end up in 6th. I can put up with the slagging from Pool fans if it means we have a better chance of getting 4th next season. Disappointing end to a brilliant season, I really thought we'd get 4th or really close to it this season, but it wasn't to be.

We'll hopefully finish the season with some good form and beat/draw with Liverpool at least (while still finishing 6th I hope!) and show that we still have the squad to compete next season, with the exception of a decent strike-force.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

I'm glad the talk of 4th has ended, it was getting embarrassing. I would prefer Liverpool to have the Europa spot or whatever it's called, get two proper strikers and a keeper and have a real go at the league. I was 40 this week and the last time we went close was under Pleat, how sad is that!

I'm glad the talk of 4th has ended, it was getting embarrassing. I would prefer Liverpool to have the Europa spot or whatever it's called, get two proper strikers and a keeper and have a real go at the league. I was 40 this week and the last time we went close was under Pleat, how sad is that!

we have a better chance of getting top class strikers offering european football than saying well we might get 4 th this yr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭Morgans

I'm not sure that true for most players. Carrol and Suarez ended up at Liverpool this January because of the money spent on them.

I tend to think that the European football is used as an excuse by players who don't want to go to certain teams (and is often used as a excuse for a premium to top up on their wages) see Gareth Barry as a prime example.

Spurs are unlikely to be in a position to guarantee champions league football for any new player looking for a prospective 4-5 year deal.

Advertisement