Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breast Uplift?

Options
  • 29-04-2011 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

I am looking to have a breast uplift with implants. I went for a consultation a number of years ago and was quoted some crazy amount something in the region of 7,000. Has anyone looked into getting one done recently? Or had one done? What are the rough prices these days?

There's no info no any websites regarding the prices or even a rough idea of how much it could be. Dont want to waste my time going for consultations just to find out its not anywhere near what I can afford...

Any info/ideas greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

I don't know much about surgical procedures but i always thought that having implants would also lift the breasts?

http://www.cosmedico.ie/breast-augmentation.html?gclid=CPj6_oHEwqgCFQEY4QodPkKjow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

tan11ie wrote: »
    I don't know much about surgical procedures but i always thought that having implants would also lift the breasts?

http://www.cosmedico.ie/breast-augmentation.html?gclid=CPj6_oHEwqgCFQEY4QodPkKjow

implants don't lift, they add volume which for people with small breasts give an impression the breasts have been lifted when they've just grown. Breast lifts involve removing excess skin whereas implants stretch the skin, expanding it to accommodate the increase in volume.

Do you not think it depends on the size of the breasts and the amount of sagging?

Eample - girl with average size breast, moderately droopy due to age ect.. would boob implants not give back the shape and a bit of lift...(I've been told it would) but wasn't sure about it myself.

I do know that - an over weight woman loses lots of weight and therefore has lots of excess skin, then the only option is a boob lift which will remove all the excess...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

the problem would be some women would not want a increase in size which would have to happen if you implanted something in there.

take myself for example, i'm happy with mine and certainly wouldn't want them bigger. If one day they got saggy, after kids ect, I might want a uplift but i would not want the volume to increase.

From watching television shows i've seen women with breast implants having to go back to get a lift mere years later because the volumes caused sagging.

I've a friend who have breast implants and she has quite lifted breasts but that because she went from a A to I think a D, her breast skin is tight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭cailinrua2011

hi there, i am hoping to have breast uplift with implants myself too in June.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Koltashe

Thats the thing, my breasts are large but stretched out and saggy. The cosultation I went to ages ago I spoke to surgon and looked at pictures. If I just have the implants put in to fill the stretched skin I will end up with size 32G/H which is way too big. Just getting the lift without implants will leave me with small saggy boobs, as the way they lift breasts is they remove the lower part of the breast and move the nipple up, but the skin on the upper part of my breasts is also stretched. I want to keep the size I have now which is 32E, and the only way to do it is remove stretched out skin and then fill what is left with an implant.

hi there, i am hoping to have breast uplift with implants myself too in June.

Have you gotten any rough qoutes? I jus dont have time to go get at least one. And the las time I went the quote I got was out of my budget but the bloody sales people kept annoying me for ages calling me asking if I made a decsion and do I want more info, or price plans etc... Had to lie in the end and say I was pregnant so can't get surgery so they would leave me alone!

I tried calling a few places and they wont give me even a rough idea, jus keep saying come in for a consultation.... Dont want to waste my valuable time if the prices are still around 5 thousand and up....

Koltashe wrote: »
    Dont want to waste my valuable time if the prices are still around 5 thousand and up....

I doubt you will get a lift and implants for under 5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

Clane Cosmetic Clinic (Clane Private Hopsital) have their prices listed on their website.

http://www.clanecosmeticsurgery.com/Pages/PriceGuides.aspx

Koltashe wrote: »
    Thats the thing, my breasts are large but stretched out and saggy. The cosultation I went to ages ago I spoke to surgon and looked at pictures. If I just have the implants put in to fill the stretched skin I will end up with size 32G/H which is way too big. Just getting the lift without implants will leave me with small saggy boobs, as the way they lift breasts is they remove the lower part of the breast and move the nipple up, but the skin on the upper part of my breasts is also stretched. I want to keep the size I have now which is 32E, and the only way to do it is remove stretched out skin and then fill what is left with an implant.

hi ya same as at the moment i am about a 38 E if not larger well on one side the other side is less fatty and is smaller. i already had a procedure done to fix this when i was younger about 8 years ago as it was getting my really down however it didnt nleave me anywhere near how i expected. ya i have gotten quotes one 7000 and one 8000, very expensive i know but if it means i feel normal and dont have to spend ages playing around with chicken fillets etc everyday when dressing i think it will be worth it. i am going to have some fat removed from larger breast. remove the implants i already have. lift both breasts and then but in same size implnats in both. thats none doctors suggestion. the other one is similar but not to remove the fat and to place different implants in again. dunno think the first option makes more sense. also the doctor said i would be going down 2 sizes as any larger and my boobs would drop again ruining the uplift. its all very confusing and worrying. i would love smaller boobs yes but not sure how 2 sizes smaller would look on my frame . basically id be going from an e to a d. best thing you can do is go see a surgeon and see how you get on.

• Advertisement

hi ya same as at the moment i am about a 38 E if not larger well on one side the other side is less fatty and is smaller. i already had a procedure done to fix this when i was younger about 8 years ago as it was getting my really down however it didnt nleave me anywhere near how i expected. ya i have gotten quotes one 7000 and one 8000, very expensive i know but if it means i feel normal and dont have to spend ages playing around with chicken fillets etc everyday when dressing i think it will be worth it. i am going to have some fat removed from larger breast. remove the implants i already have. lift both breasts and then but in same size implnats in both. thats none doctors suggestion. the other one is similar but not to remove the fat and to place different implants in again. dunno think the first option makes more sense. also the doctor said i would be going down 2 sizes as any larger and my boobs would drop again ruining the uplift. its all very confusing and worrying. i would love smaller boobs yes but not sure how 2 sizes smaller would look on my frame . basically id be going from an e to a d. best thing you can do is go see a surgeon and see how you get on.

I think I might leave it for another while as can not afford 7000 at the moment. I am happy with my body but will definately feel a lot more confident when I have the boobs done. Though I am surprised the prices for plastic surgery have not decreased during the recession... Thought that this will be one of the industries greatly affected by current economic conditions and thus would prompt drop in price. I heard the same procedures in UK are nearly half the price here, I wonder if this could be an option....?

good morining, yes i thought the same i was full sure prices would have decreased bvut if anything here in ireland i think they have increased. trust me i went to two different clinics for three consultations altogether and these places are so busy npeople going in and out all the time. i supppose the only downfall with uk is having to go over and back for follow up apps and researching a good doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭xxtattyberxx

I would recommend that you pay the extra and have it done here, if you do it abroad and anything was to happen no clinic here would offer the help. Make sure you have thought about it long and hard, its so easy to see the pros but there are alot of cons to.
    I had mine done 9 ago when I was 18, when I was 22 my muscle dropped (cause the implant was to heavy ) so had to have a resurgery, in this I also had a uplift.
    2 years later had to have resurgery again due to leaking implant. The leaking implant also meant getting internal work cause of the damage caused inside. After that had to see a pain specalist and continuos doctors cause my nerve had been ripped. Im 27 now and been told recently maybe 7-8 weeks ago that Ill have to start swimming as my back is to weak to support the weight. I went from B to a DD.
    To say it was a regret would be an understatement I should have left well alone.
    Make sure you research what your going to do before you make any final decison but I really woud pay the extra to have it done locally

thanks for that, so you have ahd multiple surgeries you must have gone through a lot. was it here in ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

I'm sure it would be far cheaper abroad and Brussels for example is only an hours flight from Dublin. A friend went there for a 'tummy tuck' about 1/3 price of the equivilant in Ireland. If you do your research and go to an established clinic, I don't think there's much risk.

After care may be required though? have heard of implant's sometime's having to be slightly deflated a few weeks after, so obviously be prepared for more than one trip.

thanks for that, so you have ahd multiple surgeries you must have gone through a lot. was it here in ireland.

Ya there was multiple surgeys, first time was meerly down to my age, 18 and my muscle hadnt developed , so that consisted of needing a second surgery , which involved the uplift, and than the third was cause I had a leeking implant.

It was all done within Ireland and I only had to pay for the original surgery, second fix and breast lift were free and so was third cause they were taking responsobility for them. This is why I would recommend paying the extra to have it done here, You get the after care and support you need, and god forbid anything were to go wrong, they will do everything they can fix it to avoid being sued.
    I first hand seen a woman going into the cosmetic surgeons (that I wont name) she had those syringe implants done abroad, they had leaked down to her ribs, seemingly there is an easy solution to fixing this, but because the surgery had not happened here, they were not very helpful and did not want to touch it. They did in the end help her but she paid out the arse for it and it would have worked out cheaper for her just to have the implants done.

oh my god, definately will not be going abroad now. i too had surgery when i was 18. but problem is stil there so hoping now to have surgery again in June of this year. first time aroung the surgeon only did uplift on one side for some reason. anyways changed surgeon and hopinf this new man will be able to give me something closer to perfection which i know wont ever happen. do you mind me asking what hospetal/surgeon you had. not sure if you can post but if not will you pm me. i would be intersted in knowing about other good doctors or clinics.

oh my god, definately will not be going abroad now. i too had surgery when i was 18. but problem is stil there so hoping now to have surgery again in June of this year. first time aroung the surgeon only did uplift on one side for some reason. anyways changed surgeon and hopinf this new man will be able to give me something closer to perfection which i know wont ever happen. do you mind me asking what hospetal/surgeon you had. not sure if you can post but if not will you pm me. i would be intersted in knowing about other good doctors or clinics.

Pm sent, If anyone else wants to know the hospitals involved pm me, I wont name pubically for obvious reason

Advertisement