Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My X-Plane Shots

Options
  • 29-04-2011 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Thought I'd post a few for people who aren't familiar with the sim, enjoy!

screenshot_1-11.png

screenshot_7-4.png

screenshot_0-13.png

screenshot_1-10.png

screenshot_5-4.png

screenshot_1-9.png

screenshot_3-8.png

screenshot_0-8.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

Very nice. How resource intensive is Xplane in comparison to FSX?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

What are you using for traffic?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭David086

loldog wrote: »
    Very nice. How resource intensive is Xplane in comparison to FSX? .

Do you mean aircraft scenery etc? I so there's a lot payware aircraft on the way for X-Plane 10 which looks fantastic. Currently there are tons of free aircraft & scenery on x-plane.org which includes the brilliant x737 (ryanair shots). With regards to FSX yes, it has the majority of plugins, aircraft, scenery but that's changing. Developers from MSFS backgrounds are converting their scenery and aircraft and noticing that XP is the way forward.

bandit197 wrote: »
    What are you using for traffic?

They're just static planes.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

David086 wrote: »
    Do you mean aircraft scenery etc?

Sorry, I meant in terms of graphics card, CPU, that kind of thing.

loldog wrote: »
    Sorry, I meant in terms of graphics card, CPU, that kind of thing.

I honestly don't know seeing I've never used MSFS. I'm sure if you google the specs of each and then compair them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Simtech

Equipment that gives 30fps in FSX will easily give 70fps or more in X-plane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I believe that X Plane is regarded as having the most realistic flight dynamics, with FSX having more eye candy and much more addons (at a cost of being harder on fps).
    From what I've heard thus far, MS's future flight sim "MS Flight" will have much better performance than FSX. X-Plane 10,when finally released,will still lag behing FSX for visuals however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭SeanMcp

How Much does X plane cost because i have a mac so i cant get fsx
    do u need a joystick or yoke to play x plane i have the demo n its very hard to fly using mouse much harder the flightgear which iam using now

SeanMcp wrote: »
    How Much does X plane cost because i have a mac so i cant get fsx
    do u need a joystick or yoke to play x plane i have the demo n its very hard to fly using mouse much harder the flightgear which iam using now

It's $29 at the moment but X-Plane 10 will be released sometime around christmas. You can get a yoke and it's all on X-Plane.org.

Advertisement