Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns License Age Regulations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Did you take a read through the big red flashing thread on the main page?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Darragh McD

i did still finding it difficult to find the information though all the imformation there says is under 16's are only allowed a training license?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

No, there's no upper age limit on the training licence. Anyone over the age of 14 can apply for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭vixdname

Training license - 14yrs and up

Firearms license - 16yrs and up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Darragh McD

thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 BevanMurray

Hi, I was wondering what does a training license entitle you to?,can you hunt with a training license or do you need the firearms license?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Hi, I was wondering what does a training license entitle you to?,can you hunt with a training license or do you need the firearms license?

Eg., Daddy Murray has .22lr
    Bevan Murray (14) gets a training licence.

Dad and Son can go out shooting together, but Dad always has to be there. No Shooting for Bevan without dad.

When Bevan Turns 16 he may apply for a firearm in his own right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 BevanMurray

Ok thanks for the reply,I will apply for a firearms license next year then.

Advertisement