Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L.C Engineering Project.

Options
  • 29-04-2011 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey
    Just wondering would it be alright if my "Production Drawings and Plans" for my engineering folder were done up on solidworks or do they have to be done up the old fashioned way with the drawing board and T-square?? :confused:

Gavin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Computer Aided Design is encouraged. Says so in the brief so go with the Solidworks if thats what you're comfortable with.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 youngmurphy

Cheers. i have sketches of all the parts done neway so i have them as a back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

For some of my parts I used my hand drawn sketches with dimensions and then put in a rendered isometric solidworks drawing of the piece. It was really effective for any pieces that required bending/folding because you can show what it will end up looking like as opposed to just a plan drawing of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I drew every single part using Solidworks. For any parts with bends all you needed to do was use the sheet metal tool.

Advertisement