Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky no listings available!!

• 29-04-2011 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

my sky box is totally fooked!! its showing no listings available for every channel on the tv guide now for days so i have to scroll through every channel.. the anytime and planner are showing up but i cant view any of it.. its driving me mad... any ideas???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Clemsa

i sure did.. thats pretty much all i know how to do when something stops working :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭rob the satman

if you know someone who has sky , test your box on their dish, if their dish is ok do a software download, dont really want to do a software download off your dish as it could be the dish or box that's fooked!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

turn it off, but leave it a good few minutes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 JeeLuna

I kept getting that on the upstairs tv, eventually got so p'd off with it cancelled the whole sky subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Clemsa

rob that really sounds like an awful amount of effort that im just not willing to go through..

i was reading on the sky website that you should leave your box on stand-by cos seemingly thats when the listings for the week are downloaded?! but mine is programmed for automatic stand-by...

sure maybe i'll just unplug it over night or something and hope for the best!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭rob the satman

Clemsa wrote: »
    rob that really sounds like an awful amount of effort that im just not willing to go through..

i was reading on the sky website that you should leave your box on stand-by cos seemingly thats when the listings for the week are downloaded?! but mine is programmed for automatic stand-by...

sure maybe i'll just unplug it over night or something and hope for the best!!

Just a suggestion, it's quite possible that a software upgrade has caused this by not "coming through" properly requiring you do force another one, I hope turning it on and off works for you, but it's still possible you might have to do what I say and anyway it would probably take you only about 30 minutes, don't discount it completely

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jalopy

I had the same problem on Friday. I plugged out the power cable from the back of the Sky box, left it for about 5 mins and plugged it back in. After about 10/15 minutes the guide had fully loaded back up and its been fine for me since then.

Advertisement