Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings Inns Exams Query!

Options
  • 29-04-2011 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi,
    Im a second year student and Im kinda freaking out as to how the whole entry to kings inn works. Ive checked on the website and it requires passes in certain aspects of the law. Are only passes required,ie, will they take the actual grade into account and does it affect your chances of getting into kings inn?
    Also, is it only the exam results that you actually do to gain entry matter or how does the kings inns exams work in general?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭bath handle

It is all explained on www.kingsinns.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭stickinikki

ruggerdude,

as far as I'm aware your college (undergrad) exam results, as in, actual grades, don't matter so long as you've passed all the required subjects: Land Law (including Law of Succession), Company Law, Equity, Law of the European Union, Jurisprudence, Administrative Law.

The only other thing (apart from fees, don't forget the fees :D ) the Inns requires is that you pass all the entrance exams which are in Criminal, Constitutional, Tort, Evidence and Contract. If you fail one of those within a certain percent, as in, don't completely flunk it but maybe get between 45-50% (again, as far as I remember the pass rate has now gone up to 50% instead of 40%), you can compensate if you've done well in another of the subjects, but those minute details are all in the education rules found in the "prospective students" part of the website.

I haven't sat them yet, aiming to do them in August, but the one piece of advice I've been given is that 5 exams in 5 days is absolute torture, not so much with regard to what you actually need to know, but just because you get so tired out, a lot of people think they've failed a subject and then give up and don't sit the rest of them, only to find out that the actually passed it, so they all say to just stick at it and chances are if you've done your work you'll pass. Of course they could be lying, so don't quote me on that.

Best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ruggerdude

Thanks soo much thats exactly what I needed to hear! :D

Advertisement