Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's eating my Rhubarb>

Options
  • 29-04-2011 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Have been noticing holes coming on the leaves of my rhubarb with the last week or so and groupings of 20 or so orange coloured eggs on the underside of some of the leaves also. Does anyone know what this is and of anyway to get rid of the pest???? It doesn't seem to be affecting the growth of the plant too much but I'm afraid it'll fail the crown or affect the rest of the garden. I have often seen the same egg clusters on docks but nobody I've asked seems to know the cause. I haven't seen any grubs, beetles etc on the leaves either

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

sounds like caterpillar eggs, derris will remove them or you can do it manually if the patch is small.

Advertisement