Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inspirational or Educational Videos

• 30-04-2011 2:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

Lately Ive been feeling like I could do with a bit of cheering up, maybe a pat on the back or something hopeful or even constructively challenging to think about as a teacher.
    There has been all this stuff about the economy and cut backs and the publics perception of bad teachers and I just want to hear something different, something to do with education thats not about economic panic.
    Heres a video on creativity in education which is my area of particular interest, if anyone else has links to other info on education in general or their particular subject or area of interest please post here.
    I know the title is critical but its more a call to recognise the value of creativity and its done in a humourous way.
    This is the link to the TED site which is well worth a browse if your ever looking for inspiration, its great. I was only able to imbed from YouTube
    http://www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html

Ken Robinson says schools kill creativity

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭See Ye

I thought you were looking for inspirational videos and came here to link to TED :-)

Here's another good one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

Yes thank you See Ye I was suggesting others could post here if they had videos images etc they thought were interesting.
    I did listen to your link and it did get me thinking about all our ideas and how they sometimes are easier and clearer in theory than in practice.
    Still thinking about it thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Art Teacher

This is the best website i know of for Educational Videos. The videos are categorized by subject and level from K2 to adult/college - see lower left portion of the homepage
    Some video's cannot be streamed outside of US and Canada due to copyright of content but most can be accessed. The art video's exploring themes are really good and can be useful to explore a theme in any humanities area http://www.learner.org/courses/globalart/

Art Teacher
    The Art section is really fantastic.
    Thanks

Happy Holidays everyone, for those already on them and for those who are just about to get them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Art Teacher

This video could be any subject or learning at all levels of education. Its inspired!

Advertisement