Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Starcraft.ie League I, Players, Rules and Fixtures

• 30-04-2011 5:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys

Thanks everyone for signing up for the first "Starcraft.ie League". Signups have been a bit slow near the start, but have speed up near the end.

We have 30 players signed up, with a range of skill from Masters to Bronze. But hopefully with the skill difference we can all enjoy ourselves and have a good time.

From here you can see the difference pages for the League, including Player Page, Group's And Fixtures. These pages will be updated as soon as I get the results so always keep and eye on these pages. You can locate them below.

Player List, Groups and Fixtures

You can find the current player list Here

This spreadsheet is very important to find that character name and code of your opponents and also their boards.ie username so you can send them a message to organise a game

This is just a quick format of the name league and races of the player and what groups they are in. It also show how much races are being played. And the boards.ie account for the players for you to get in contact and arrange a match with them.

The group tables can be found Here

This will show you what group you are in and who else is in your group. You can see at the bottom of the group's you can see a table of which I have organised a Order of Play type table.

There are 5 different groups(Group I,II,III,IV,V), each group consists of 6 players, each group should have a even amount of skill distributed between them.

You can see the group fixtures done out Here

Group play is broken up into 3 different weeks. The first two weeks will consist of two game and the third week will consist of one game. A second game may need to occur during the third week to distribute proper seeds

Format

All play will start in group stages. Every Player will be playing everyone in there group. You will be playing in a Bo3(Best of 3) games with the starting map pre-decided and the second map is picked by the loser of the first game(Map needs to be from the map pool of the League please see Map Pool section for a list of Maps)

When all of group game plays have been played. The players will be seeded from the Points they have. If the players in diffrent groups have the same points, they will be put against each other to see who gets the higher seed.

Once all the seeding is completed players will go into a Bracket format were the Games will be a Best of 3 until the Semi finals and then it will be a Best of 5 games and then the finals will be a Best of 7

Rules
    • The Map for Game 1 of each Match will be pre-selected.
    • The loser of a Game must select the Map for the next Game.
    • No Map may be played more than once in the same Match.
    • You must organise your own games.
    • If a Player cannot contact another player, they must inform myself of how and when they tried to contact the player. If the player becomes inactive for that week he will lose his matches.
    • If a reschedule of a game is organised between both players, the Players most inform myself of when the game is organised for.
    • After the 3rd week of games, If I have not received 1)the results of a game, 2)A message saying a game is being delayed or 3)a PM from ether member saying they tried to contact their opponent I will give a lose to both players
    • After the game is played you need to send me a PM, or catch me on irc to give me the results and send me the replays.
    • If a game gets disconnected and both players don't agree on replay, contact columc with the details and the replay, and a decision will be made after watching the replay.

Map Pool

Official Blizzard Maps
    Xel'Naga Caverns
    Metalopolis
    Shakuras Plateau
    Tal'darim Alter LE
    The Shattered Temple
    Typhon Peaks

Non-Blizzard Maps
    TSL3 GSL Crevasse
    GSTL GSL TerminusRE

Questions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Group Play, Fixtures, Dates and Maps

There will be a total of 5 games being played(per player) during the Group Play. The fixtures can be found here

The group play will be separated into 3 weeks of play. The group play officially starts on May 9th. This is due to players having college exams. However saying that games may be played prior to this date and results can be posted. Also some players may not be able to play until May 20th, These people will need to inform their opponents that they cannot play until certain dates.

It is up to the players to organise and play their games and send me the results and replays. If a player cannot get in touch with their opponent they need to send me a PM explaining how they tried to contact them and how long. If I do not get results from players for the seeds I will count them inactive and they will be removed from the League.

Week 1 of the group plays will be on from the 9th of May until the 16th of May. Games 1 and Game 2 should be played during this week If organised for a different week please inform myself of the change.

Week 2 of the group plays will be on from the 16th of May until the 23rd of May. Games 3 and Game 4 should be played during this week If organised for a different week please inform myself of the change.

Week 3 of the group plays will be on from the 23rd of May until the 30thof May . Games 5 should be played during this week If organised for a different week please inform myself of the change.

The Map for the Week 1 - Game 1 Will be "Xel'Naga Caverns"
    The Map for the Week 1 - Game 2 Will be "Metalopolis"

The Map for the Week 2 - Game 3 Will be "Shakuras Plateau"
    The Map for the Week 2 - Game 4 Will be "Tal'darim Alter LE"

The Map for the Week 3 - Game 5 Will be "GSTL GSL TerminusRE "

*Reserved* 2

*Reserved* 3

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Decerto

Excited to finally play crevasse and terminus, free 2nd and 3rd base seems awesome:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i thought you were seperating the top players from the bronze/silver players?

im in with a master player, 2 diamond players and another bronze player...

can safely say I wont win against any of the 3 higher ranked players...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭VikingErik

I feel you, but once the groups are decided we should be seeded so that we play others of the same skill level, right? See it as a learning experience.

Because once they go into the play offs the seeding would not be correct.

I have gave reasons 3 times to the way behind this.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71958216&postcount=78

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71933230&postcount=62

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71928727&postcount=58

This is a league, you will get people who are better then you and people who are worse then you.

Once group play is over brackets will be seeded by the general bracket seeding rules.

This will be the first of many tournament I will be holding and this is just a general open tournament for players to have fun.

RM its up to you to drop all your games, but then you would be in the worse seed. I would highly suggest you look at general bracket seeding for 32 players to see who you face against.

This is to try and help players become better, its a bit of fun and its general competitive play. Sure if you really want to win, just cheese the masters player.

I am in group 5, like you RM, It could be a harder group due to higher standard of players then others. Groups are spose to be organised of each different skill level in them, not one group with bad players the the other group with good players, they are randomly selected to evenly distribute players into groups.

I am still learning how to correctly create and maintain leagues, and this is the first league I have done, so bare with me. Like I said in the other posts, in the future I will hold more skill orientated leagues to satisfy the lower levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Moved all posts regarding maps to a seperate thread as requested by OP.

Thread can be found here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056256452

What's the policy on letting people observe the games live? Has that worked in the past?

If both parties agree on it I dont see anything wrong, just make sure you set the observer to spectator and not refree

• Advertisement

Columc wrote: »
    If both parties agree on it I dont see anything wrong, just make sure you set the observer to spectator and not refree

I've never played games with spectators so I don't know what type of "powers" you can give them. What would a referee be able to do?

A refree can communicate to both the players, there comments will also show up during the replay.

So today is the offical start of the league. Some players have alaready got in contact with their group, and some have played their games, while other informed they cannot play untila certain date.

I hope everyone enjoys themselves and just have some fun.

Good luck to all

Hey Guys,

Just an update now on the league standing!

With group play over and the seeding is done, Every player has now been put into the double elimination brackets(Found here) Now since we started the tournament with 30 players and brackets are of 32, there are 2 extra spaces to be given out these players that join will be joined at the lowest seed(31 and 32). So I am Going to wait until Wednesday until bracket play is going to start.

On wednesday I will post the details of the rounds and rules of bracket play.

This is going to be a double elimination so dont worry if your facing a hard opponet first you can battle your way thought the lower bracket as well.

Hope everyone enjoyed the group play.

Colum

Damn, I'm up against Kaz. I should probably study the Kaz v Funky replays around. Not that it'll do me much good at my level.

Just do a super all in cheese :) My first game in the LAN I got double proxy gateway and lost to fight may way thought the loswer bracket!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

How'd I end up being the 2nd seed in my group? Figured that'd be chicks? No matter, looking forward to my ZvZ. Nothing more "fun" than the race to mass roach/muta ;)

hmm yes chicks should be higher in the seed, for some reason i decided last night at 4 in the morning that you beat her, was a mistake from my side. :/

From what i can see Tayto should actualy be higher seed, since he won against chicks and took a game off you, but lossing the match.

chicks would be next since she won against you and then you 3rd since even tho wining against Tayto you still lost more games and he won more ect.

Do you mind if I change the bracket standings due to this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

hmm yes chicks should be higher in the seed, for some reason i decided last night at 4 in the morning that you beat her, was a mistake from my side. :/

From what i can see Tayto should actualy be higher seed, since he won against chicks and took a game off you, but lossing the match.

chicks would be next since she won against you and then you 3rd since even tho wining against Tayto you still lost more games and he won more ect.

Do you mind if I change the bracket standings due to this?
    Really should have said nothing there, ha! :/

Sure, change away - I hit my personal goals in the league anyway (beating Tayto / the Plat player), regardless of mathematical seed :) didn't think that lost game would count against me mind you!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

I'll take one of the spare places.

Edit:
    Red.603
    Zerg
    Gold

• Advertisement

cheers man.

We have now one more space left for bracket play. ~Anyone else intrested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭saini

I will once noone else better wants it,
    Saini
    Protoss
    Bronze

Cheers man,

there might be 1-2 more spaces left, So in-case people want to play just put in here your details, you will be in the lower seeds if there is a spot that opens(1-2 of the players in the group stages have went AFK and will be giving there spots up!)

if you want to play just put down

Battle.net Name:
    Battle.net ID:
    Race:
    League:

Cheers guys, I will be updating this thread on Wednesday with the bracket rules and round map pool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SuperMulletMan

Hi, I'll take a spot if one clears up.

Bnet id: SuperMullet
    C Code: 716
    League: Gold
    Race: Brotoss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭Deliasz

Count me on !

Deliasz
    Terran
    Bronze....dropped...

Hey Guys,

The group play for the starcraft.ie May League has finally been done and all players have been seeded(seeds can be found Here!) into the Double Elimination Brackets. With group play we have had 30 players, some players have been inactive and also the brackets are out of 32 players. So from that we have added 4 new players, 2 player being put into seed 31 and seed 32 for the brackets and the other two replacing Sabre and shokblast who have prior real life commitments and also shown inactivity. The new players are:
    Red, MulletMan, Deliasz and Saini. Their Battle.net usernames and IDs can be found Here!

With this being a Double Elimination, every player will be playing a minimum of two matches, there will be a Winner brackets and a Loser brackets. All maps will be pre-determined for the first game, after that the Loser of the first game will decided the next map, from the League map pool, A map can not be played twice in the same match. The rounds and matches are:

Round 1 to 3 of the Winner Brackets will be a Best of 3. First player to reach 2 wins will win the match.
    Round 4 and 5(Quater and Semi Finals) of the Winner Bracket will be a Best of 5. First player to reach 3 wins will win the match.
    Round 1 to 5 of the Loser Bracket will be a Best of 3. First player to reach 2 wins will win the match.
    Round 6 to 8 of the Loser Bracket will be a Best of 5. First player to reach 3 wins will win the match.
    The Final's will be a Best of 7. First player to reach 4 wins will win the match.

The Bracket Map Pool will be the same as the group stages Map Pool with the addtion of a new map which is "GSTL GSL Crossfire SE"

Official Blizzard Maps
    Xel'Naga Caverns
    Metalopolis
    Shakuras Plateau
    Tal'darim Alter LE
    The Shattered Temple
    Typhon Peaks

Non-Blizzard Maps
    TSL3 GSL Crevasse
    GSTL GSL TerminusRE
    GSTL GSL Crossfire SE

The First map for each rounds are as followed:
    Winner Bracket
    Round 1 - Shakuras Plateau
    Round 2 - Tal'darim Alter LE
    Round 3 - Xel'Naga Caverns
    Quater-Final's -Shakuras Plateau
    Semi-Final's -GSTL GSL Crossfire SE

Loser Bracket
    Round 1 - Xel'Naga Caverns
    Round 2 - Tal'darim Alter LE
    Round 3 - Shakuras Plateau
    Round 4 - Metalopolis
    Round 5 - The Shattered Temple
    Round 6 - Typhon Peaks
    Round 7 -TSL3 GSL Crevasse
    Round 8 - GSTL GSL TerminusRE

Finals
    The Finals Will be a Best of 7. The two players will be allowed Veto 1 map, So the first map will be pre-decided once their Vetos are counted.

Time Frame
    Ok guys, With this being a bracket system, deadline's really are important so people who dont reach the deadline in time will be given the loss if you do not respond, So people really need to keep in contact with each other and also keep in contact with me.

Friday the 10th of June
    Round 1 and Round 2 of the Winners brackets Need to be played and posted replays By Friday the 10th of June!
    Round 1, 2 and 3 of the Loser Brackets need to be played and posted replays by Friday the 10th of June!

Friday the 17th of June
    Round 3 and Quater finals of the Winner brackets Need to be played and posted replays by Friday the 17th of June!
    Round 4, 5, 6 and 7 of the Loser Bracket need to be played and posted replays by Friday the 17th of June!

Wednesday the 22th of June
    The Semi finals of the winner brackets Need to be played and posted replays by Wednesday the 22th of June!
    Round 8 of The Loser Bracket needs to be played and posted replays by Wednesday the 22th of June!

FINALS
    I will contact the finalists to arragange a date and time forthe Finals to be played

Links

You can find a List of Players Here
    You can See the Brackets Here and Here

You can Post your replays in this thread

-Any Questions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Played Saini
    2:0

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Trotts

Trotts vs Saini - Game 17
    2:1

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Trotts

Trotts vs Feanor - Game 2
    0:2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Hi everyone, just wondering is it too late to enter the irish league,and if not how do i access it???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

It is, I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭The_Keeper

Game 7

Tayto vs anfionn

Guys i need some communication between ye with your games, have ye got in contact with you oppoents, Anyone that dosent contact me about there match will be DQ(unless you are waiting on a macth, you wont be DQ, I am pushing the deadline back till next Monday, but every other one counts!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Khazidhea

I wasnt sure about the deadline, so was taking it easy. But now Erik I am waiting for you :)

Game 6:
    Pixelburp 2 : Poggy 0

• Advertisement

Khazidhea wrote: »
    I wasnt sure about the deadline, so was taking it easy. But now Erik I am waiting for you :)

I'll make sure to be in the IRC for the rest of the week when I have time. We'll make this happen. Some time in the evening preferably. These will be quick games no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Decerto

Shaun 2-0 deliasz, he defaulted 2nd game due to crying children xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SuperMulletMan

Game 8
    SuperMullet v Epimetheus
    Result:
    I lost! 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭The_Keeper

Game 28
    Tayto vs Epimetheus
    0:2

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭freepower

Guys i need some communication between ye with your games, have ye got in contact with you oppoents, Anyone that dosent contact me about there match will be DQ(unless you are waiting on a macth, you wont be DQ, I am pushing the deadline back till next Monday, but every other one counts!

I'll be contacting Arciphel again tonight, last time I talked to him (quite a while ago) he was keen to play but we didn't set a specific time. PM'ing him now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Played Feanor

How about making future deadlines on a Saturday or something. That way people are most likely to have time on the last day to get their games in.

Just a thought.

Agreed; most of us are either in college or working. Can't always guarantee I can play a game in the evening during a weekday. Even if I can, I'm not always in a great shape to focus on playing SC2 tbh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

hey i am thinking if i can give a spot to anyone who wants but didnt join? really busy atm (working 3pm-12.30am everyday D: ) so i really dont have time to prepare for this and would be a waste overall. why not give the spot to the people who really wanna play? if vanyd is ok then i will give it to anyone is interested to join.

seraphimvc wrote: »
    hey i am thinking if i can give a spot to anyone who wants but didnt join? really busy atm (3pm-12.30am everyday D: ) so i really dont have time to prepare for this and would be a waste overall. why not let the people who really wanna play? if vanyd is ok then i will give it to anyone is interested to join.

Preparing? What's that? This league is a way for me to "force" myself to make time for SC2.
    It's just for funziez :P

seraphimvc wrote: »
    hey i am thinking if i can give a spot to anyone who wants but didnt join? really busy atm (3pm-12.30am everyday D: ) so i really dont have time to prepare for this and would be a waste overall. why not let the people who really wanna play? if vanyd is ok then i will give it to anyone is interested to join.

There was two weeks from the end of group stages till now. I want to get this league done so I can start working on other starcraft.ie projects, im just gonna give anyone you face a by.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭freepower

Hey, Arciphel got back to me, he's having internet problems and can't get on Bnet, also he's going on holiday tomorrow. He said he's happy to give me the win, feel free to contact him yourself. :)

Gave you a bye, and gave Red a by for the Loser Bracket!

There was two weeks from the end of group stages till now. I want to get this league done so I can start working on other starcraft.ie projects, im just gonna give anyone you face a by.
    i believe u know that was exactly the time when this job started...(i played you and khaz at midnight, khaz was at 2am something:P)

i will still play the matches if thats the case,probably do it this weekend. i see some posts above said they wanna join but is too late now and since i havent played any matches yet so i think it is nice if i can give him a spot.

VikingErik wrote: »
    Preparing? What's that? This league is a way for me to "force" myself to make time for SC2.
    It's just for funziez :P
    heh. i didnt really play sc2 at all since this job started :P and i was mainly doing teamgame with mates since february.if i wanna play i wanna give it my best, is a respect for the league and players. i see some people are eagerly want to join so i might as well give it to them/him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement