Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poster constantly trolls in Soccer forum, but I get banned wrongly

Options
  • 30-04-2011 6:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

In the soccer forum I referred to FC Barcelonas manager as Pep "Puto" Guardiola. The word "Puto" is not an offensive word in Spain, yet I have been banned for mentioning it.

But there is another poster who constantly refers to Jose Mourinho as "the special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5!", which the Catalan press labelled him after Real Madrid lost 5-0 at to Barca in the Camp Nou on the 29th of November last year. Everytime the poster brings up Jose Mourinho he refers to him as "the special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5!" which is a blatant trolling of Real Madrid fans. Since Nov 29th he has been doing this. Other posters on the forum have asked for him to stop labelling Jose Mourinho that but the posters refuses.

But I use the term Pep "Puto" Guardiola twice and get banned from the forum, despite the fact it is not an offensive word in Spain. I am a regular contributor to the Soccer forum and never troll nor mean to cause offence.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

CorkMan wrote: »
    The word "Puto" is not an offensive word in Spain

According to you, and I'll quote here....
    the word "Puto" which means fag or male-whore in Spanish.

Seems like it's probably offensive.

Your ban is for ignoring a moderator warning. Did you ignore a moderator warning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Regards the word, I got informed by a Spanish member of the board after your 2nd quote above, who is fluent in Spanish, that "Puto" is an everyday word in Spain and that it is not offensive.

Regards ignoring a moderator warning, I did not notice the 1st warning when I logged on, no message up warning me about getting warned. I can also recollect browsing through the forums and seeing my 1st "warning post" and I did not see a yellow card for it.

But I used the word after the 2nd quote above in our post, as a normal, inoffensive, word after I got advised of what it meant. The other poster was doing the same thing since the 29th of November, 2010, and I just joined in. It was peddled much by Madrid press that Pep Guardiola used "Puto" in regards to Mourinho and the other poster used "the special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5!" after it was peddled much by the Catalan press to Mourinho.

You were trolling. You were warned. You ignored the warning. You got banned.

Regarding missing the warning: You received a yellow card infraction for your first use of "puto" at 13.58. You used the term again at 17.25.

This is really clear cut stuff. The ban stands. If anything I think it's lenient given your previous ban history on the forum (this is your 4th ban in total from soccer if you include the permaban from access requests, which I do). I see no reason to reduce the ban, only reason to increase it.

Regarding "the special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5!": If this upsets you, please report the post. If the reported post is not acted on (and sometimes this happens due to the sheer volume of reported posts in soccer as my inbox will testify) and it is really upsetting you then please drop the mods a PM.

Just one other thing: I grant you that "the special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5!" does seem to be trolling. When your ban is up, report that if you see it. Explain in the reported post why you think it's trolling (because if you're not aware of the context, it's not clear that it's trolling).

Hi CorkMan,

You have been banned from Soccer for the following duration:

14 Day(s)

for the following reason:

(a)acting like a dick,(b) in addition to your permanent ban from access requests I'm also banning you for 2 weeks from here. You're on a last warning now and any further messing from you will see you permanently banned from the entire Soccer forum.

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 14 Day(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the allotted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.

Bans occur after a serious rules breach so please keep in mind that Moderators don't just decide to ban people out of the blue. If you wish to appeal this ban, please follow our Dispute Resolution Process here. Your first action should always be to PM the Moderator(s) of the forum to discuss the ban. Remember that our Mods are volunteers and are not always online, so they may not be able to answer you straight away.

All the best,
    boards.ie

(a) 1 ban is for acting like a dick. Where in the forum chapter can you be banned for this? and can all Mod's insult users like this.

(b) I made a mistake in posting in the soccer access forum because when I joined these forums, if a user wanted to join the soccer access forum a current member had to nominate him. Now, there is no clear explanation that this practice was cancelled. So I got two bans for making one mistake. I want to 2 bans to be withdrawn.

• Advertisement

(a) 1 ban is for acting like a dick. Where in the forum chapter can you be banned for this? and can all Mod's insult users like this.

A few things here:

1) This is not related to this dispute.

2) Charters are not handcuffs to bind a moderator.

3) "Don't be a dick" is a widely used phrase on boards. More information is available in the FAQ here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72012227&postcount=26

I have been viewing the Soccer forum while logged out. The same poster repeated "special one, 2, 3, 4, 5" once again in the above post. Lets put this into perspective: Lets say Liverpool hammered Man Utd 5-0 at Anfield and they press labelled Alex Ferguson "Alex 5-0 Ferguson" because of the scoreline.

And 6 months later, and in between, the same poster referred to Ferguson everytime, without fail, as "Alex 5-0 Ferguson". In match threads, in Liverpool discussion threads, inside Manchester United threads. This is what is happening.

It is clearly meant to incite the oppositions supporters, as well as that it insults the Supporters Manager the the club itself. Other members have complained about the "special 1,2,3,4,5" thing aswell. If you look at around the times of my last posts you will see people complaining. But the same poster responded he would keep using the term without fail. I asked him to stop, another poster asked him to stop and 2 people "thanked" a post agreeing with the 2nd person. That is 4 people who have asked him to stop but he refuses.

Instead there is a big game tonight between the 2 matches, and he is making the insults YET AGAIN. In the highlighted post he said the manager (in his insulting way) "will have to stay back at the hotel- security concerns I believe". No, Jose Mourinho got sent off last week and can't sit in the stands tonight. But this poster says it's "security concerns- I believe". Another wind up.

I agree. Other posters have reported it also. I am discussing it with the mods.

Advertisement