Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

modded original xbox ftp'ing problem

Options
  • 30-04-2011 8:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've 3 xboxes that have been modded, 2 have xbmc on them, while the other has evox. I can ftp to the ones with xbmc on them no problem, but for the life of me I can't ftp to the one with evox.

I use filezilla to ftp wirelessly.

Anyone else have this kind of trouble when they used evox on a modded xbox?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Hygro wrote: »
    Hi,

I've 3 xboxes that have been modded, 2 have xbmc on them, while the other has evox. I can ftp to the ones with xbmc on them no problem, but for the life of me I can't ftp to the one with evox.

I use filezilla to ftp wirelessly.

Anyone else have this kind of trouble when they used evox on a modded xbox?

What error are you getting in Filezilla, and what Username/Password/Port are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

just getting "connection timed out. Could not connect to server", I'm using the ip address of the xbox (192.168.0.2) and the username and password as xbox (for both). The port I use is 21 (which is the default one).

just baffles me that I can unplug that one, plug in the one with xbmc and ftp to that no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Is FTP enabled? check the settings

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

it's enabled on the system configuration settings in the main menu ... but if I go into dvd2xbox and look at the settings there it's turned off and I can't turn it on. Could this be the problem? ... and how could I fix it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I always seem to get random problems like this on my two xboxs. Hook it up with a crossover cable to your laptop, enable dhcp on the xbox and share out your internet connection on the laptop the restart the laptop and turn on the xbox when windows is loaded up and logged in, it seems to do the trick for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement