Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Porsche 924 - steering

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭salysol

Deckie27
    good luck with your 924,looks tidy.
    as for the temperature issue,it could be a faulty guage,or it may be the temp senders centigrade is fairly low resulting in the fan coming on fairly regular at a low temp,is the heater working ok ?
    one of my 924 is the same but its never been an issue,i prefer it to stay low,but it only climbs to 1/4 in traffic.
    as for the oil i use 10/40 classic.
    whats wrong with the rear demister wire ?
    bear in mind the electrics are prone to playing up,but normally if you give the fuse terminals a good clean + the earth connectors behind the fuse /relay box a good clean it should solve most of your electrical issues
    it might be a good idea if you registered on this site.
    924.org

theres nothing they dont know about the 924.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

salysol wrote: »
    Deckie27
    good luck with your 924,looks tidy.
    as for the temperature issue,it could be a faulty guage,or it may be the temp senders centigrade is fairly low resulting in the fan coming on fairly regular at a low temp,is the heater working ok ?
    one of my 924 is the same but its never been an issue,i prefer it to stay low,but it only climbs to 1/4 in traffic.
    as for the oil i use 10/40 classic.
    whats wrong with the rear demister wire ?
    bear in mind the electrics are prone to playing up,but normally if you give the fuse terminals a good clean + the earth connectors behind the fuse /relay box a good clean it should solve most of your electrical issues
    it might be a good idea if you registered on this site.
    924.org

theres nothing they dont know about the 924.

Thanks salysol

The heating works but not overly hot. i need to check water temperature versus gauge. The PO did say he changed the automatic fan switch as previously it was on a manual switch
    Is it 10/40 classic minerial oil?
    The problem with the demister wire is that it is not attached to the window. the wire and connector were pulled from the glass.
    I registered on 924.org the other day I must get stuck in to the forum

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Congrats, deckie - looks pretty clean!

That second pic shows up a nice shade of green you can't see in the first pic. :)

The temp gauge on my 924 regularly gets out of the white so I'd say there's something up alright. Can you not find where the demister connector is supposed to go? If I think later I'll have a look to see where mines connected.

I'd also recommend the forums on www.porsche924.co.uk.

They look for a few quid to join the club and the technical section but they are good there and very prompt to respond to queries without any time difference issues.

You based in Kildare?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭salysol

deckie27 wrote: »
    Thanks salysol

The heating works but not overly hot. i need to check water temperature versus gauge. The PO did say he changed the automatic fan switch as previously it was on a manual switch
    Is it 10/40 classic minerial oil?
    The problem with the demister wire is that it is not attached to the window. the wire and connector were pulled from the glass.
    I registered on 924.org the other day I must get stuck in to the forum
    it's possible the thermostats been removed,its an easy check,the pipe with the bleed screw on it is the one ,loosen it nearest the engine and see if its in there.
    as for the oil you would be wise to use 10w40 mineral oil the W stands for winter oil.as for the demister wire i've never had that problem but it might be easier just to change the back window,if you need one i have 3 spare ones.
    hope that helps

salysol wrote: »
    it's possible the thermostats been removed,its an easy check,the pipe with the bleed screw on it is the one ,loosen it nearest the engine and see if its in there.
    hope that helps

Spot on. Ordered one from local motor factor

Dades. In navan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭TheQ_Man

lads,

Another boardsie with a 924.
    Only got it at the weekend 924 lux 1980
    most stuff is working but i do have a question or 2
    The water temp gauge rarely goes above the white block on the gauge only in traffic is this the norm?
    Thinking of getting castrol magnetic 10-40w. would this be recommended or is there better.
    any pointers on the rear window demister wire

IMAG0612.jpg

P1020492.jpg

IMAG0613.jpg

P1020501.jpg

Without wanting to resurrect a zombie thread. My brother knows the current owner of this car. The stripes are gone off it. The chap that has it like likes his vintage and modern German machinery

TheQ_Man wrote: »
    Without wanting to resurrect a zombie thread. My brother knows the current owner of this car. The stripes are gone off it. The chap that has it like likes his vintage and modern German machinery

Good stuff. I removed the stripes.
    I loved that car but as a daily for 3 years is was enough. :D:D:D

Good stuff. I removed the stripes.
    I loved that car but as a daily for 3 years is was enough. :D:D:D

Oh didn’t realise you did :pac:

She’s not a daily now. He said he’s only seen it in use twice since the first time he set eyes on it. Did you sell it on long ago?

Oh didn’t realise you did :pac:

She’s not a daily now. He said he’s only seen it in use twice since the first time he set eyes on it. Did you sell it on long ago?

Wow. poor car.

I sold it in 2014 or 2015
    I did see it for sale again a year or 2 after I sold it.

Wow. poor car.

I sold it in 2014 or 2015
    I did see it for sale again a year or 2 after I sold it.

Aye it’s a shame to see

So it changed hands again since you sold it?

• Advertisement

Aye it’s a shame to see

So it changed hands again since you sold it?

I think so.

That car was imported by a lad in Kerry or Clare (they put the stainless exhaust on.)
    swapped with a neighbour of mine for a jeep
    All summer I watched this car pull into my estate. burble burble
    One Friday night I seen it on donedeal. Rang next morning walked around and bought it.

What part of the country is it in now?

I think so.

That car was imported by a lad in Kerry or Clare (they put the stainless exhaust on.)
    swapped with a neighbour of mine for a jeep
    All summer I watched this car pull into my estate. burble burble
    One Friday night I seen it on donedeal. Rang next morning walked around and bought it.

What part of the country is it in now?

I’ve never heard it run, the brother did once. You had your eye on the car for a while then?

It’s on the south side of Cork City now. Any idea when it was imported?

@Deckie

Sent to me today

18-CFF3-ED-DABC-44-A1-B1-A6-6-F8-B9-FB367-F1.png

I’ve never heard it run, the brother did once. You had your eye on the car for a while then?

It’s on the south side of Cork City now. Any idea when it was imported?
    @Deckie

Sent to me today

18-CFF3-ED-DABC-44-A1-B1-A6-6-F8-B9-FB367-F1.png

Nice

Still looking good from the rear anyway

I think it was imported in 2009 or 2010

Advertisement