Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Submission Wrestling Tournament

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Tallaght Martial Arts Academy

For anyone who has registered already make sure that you received a confirmation reply.... if you registered and have not received one please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭crosdad

dan, are there weight divisions for advanced, or wil it be absolute??;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

what time will it start/ end???

crosdad wrote: »
    dan, are there weight divisions for advanced, or wil it be absolute??;)

Hey Rich the advanced division will be absolute.... over 80 kg under 80 kg. we wanted to do advanced weight divisions but not enough advanced people per weight category unfortunately

da-bres wrote: »
    what time will it start/ end???

Hey Joey, Hoping to kick it off round 12ish and hoping to have it finished by 4 or 5 the latest.

Thanks

Daniel

Only a week and a half left till the competition guys...

So if your thinking of competing please dont forget to register :)

Competition details are as follows for all competitors...

Saturday Adults Comp

Weigh ins from 10-11 followed by a rules meeting and hopefully kick off round 12

Same goes for the Teens Comp on Sunday.

Hope to see everyone there :)

hey guys will there be a competitor list? I know a few people who are debating weather or not to on the basis of fighting just team mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Bres

hey guys will there be a competitor list? I know a few people who are debating weather or not to on the basis of fighting just team mates.

There will be a list of categories and the number of competitors that have registered posted up shortly...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Bres

here is a list of the number of guys we have registered for each division so far... still getting more entries and will have sign ups on the day so division should fill out hopefully

Beginner
    65kg 3
    70kg 3
    75kg 6
    80kg 3
    85kg 1
    90kg -
    95kg 1
    Open *

inter
    65kg -
    70kg -
    75kg 6
    80kg 4
    85kg 1
    90kg 1
    95kg -
    Open *

adv
    80under 8
    80+ 2

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭crosdad

you could combine the under and over 80 advanced divisions if theres not enough numbers. i think you's should. The intraversitys comp that was in april did that and it worked out fine

crosdad wrote: »
    you could combine the under and over 80 advanced divisions if theres not enough numbers. i think you's should. The intraversitys comp that was in april did that and it worked out fine

Might just have to do that on the day... have to wait and see who turns up on the day

Dont forget lads the comp is tomorrow so weigh in are at 10 in Spartan Training Centre

Directions

We are situated alond the belgard road in Glen abey estate. This is just opposite the jacobs factory beside belgard motors.

Walkable Bus routes: 56/a, 65, 65b, 75, 77

Buses: 49/a, 50, 76, 76a, 76b, 210

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?georestrict=input_srcid:9c2df42b8997c1c2&hl=en

Daniel

anyone having difficulties finding the gym here is a link with my contact number

http://swcireland.yolasite.com/contact-us.php

Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭kdowling

just a quick question.
    for a competition like this, do competitors generally cut weight or
    just compete at their "walking around" weight?
    if so, assuming you are not overweight, how much weight do people generally drop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Most people diet down to their category so that it's the weight they walk around at. In terms of cutting weight, some people do cut a little, but I wouldn't recommend it for anything more than half a kilo or so.

Just back at home now from the Adult Competition... have to say a big thanks to all the clubs and competitors who attended... some very good matches.

Just wanna say, I had so much fun at this tournement, awesome division, awesome venue, awesome officials, awesome burger king!

Well done lads, hope this becomes a regular, 2 times a year would be sweeeeeet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Jst watched jorges vid.
    Venue looks great and intimate;)
    2 times? I demand 4 times. gives me more time to compete

Just wanna say, I had so much fun at this tournement, awesome division, awesome venue, awesome officials, awesome burger king!

Thanks for the kind Words Joey.... We were lucky we got a good few competitors that entered each division so that made for some great matches and easier to run

• Advertisement

For anyone interested we have pics up on our facebook page

Here is the link

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sub-wrestling-impact/108761275884249

Advertisement