Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring diagram for HKC Sensor [no contact] with Astec contact EOL

Options
  • 30-04-2011 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi

I have shiny new HKC Securewave 10/70 panel.

I am stuck on 1 zone.

Zone circuit has

PANEL / HKC No Contact Sensor / HKC NC Sensor / Astec Contact / HKC NC Sensor / ASTEC Contact / EOL

I need a wiring diagram to show me how to make it work together please.

Can anyone help?

regards
    Tenorhorn

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are these Astec Global contacts?
    If they are Astec system devices they wont work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tenorhorn2

Thaks for reply Koolkid, Yes an S02 Astec contact.

regards
    Tenorhorn2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Tenorhorn2 wrote: »
    Hi

I have shiny new HKC Securewave 10/70 panel.

I am stuck on 1 zone.

Zone circuit has

PANEL / HKC No Contact Sensor / HKC NC Sensor / Astec Contact / HKC NC Sensor / ASTEC Contact / EOL

I need a wiring diagram to show me how to make it work together please.

Can anyone help?

regards
    Tenorhorn

Hi Tenorhorn,

Good choice of panel :D

The two wire Astec sensors wont work with the Securewave system. You will also need to get yourself the global sensors if any other sensors are the Astec two wire. Astec do make global sensors that work with this system so bring the sensor you bought back and swap them.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Or change your panel for the Astec Fusion :rolleyes:. That allows you to mix Astec & global sensors , although not 0n the one loop.

Thanks guys, will change for HKC contacts, the Astec ones are left overs from 2003.

thanks for your great s

regards

Tenorhorn

• Advertisement

Thats thanks for all your great help guys

Tenorhorn

Advertisement