Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 Plug and Play Monitor (Issue)

• 30-04-2011 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I have my laptop connected to a monitor so that I can use 2 screens. I nearly have it working however the colour settings seriously need to be adjusted on the second screen. Its coming up with a pinkish color and have tried playing around with the settings.

Any1 ever experienced this and know what to do???

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

To change the settings on the second screen make it the only screen that is used,change settings to default for that screen.Restart laptop your laptop screen will probably have a black border around the desktop,the two should work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 obrien.cathal

Hi,
    If you examine the second monitor without comparing it to the laptop does the picture look very pink? It may be that you need to calibrate both monitors so that they render the same colours. Calibration requires a bit of messing around with the settings or the use of a hardware device. As an added benefit it will mean that what you see on screen is representative of any printed output you might generate, especially if you use hardware calibration. I found a some info about it about it here and a more photo specific guide on photo.net.

I use Pantone Huey Pro and find a noticable difference in output across my screens if I don't run it on a regular basis. You can get more info about their products at the Pantone Webpage.

Hope this helps,
    Cathal

Advertisement