Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help your fellow gamers (fixes thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I solve my gaming problems with Google, hasn't let me down yet! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

quarryman wrote: »
    I solve my gaming problems with Google, hasn't let me down yet! :)

Google is the man!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

Google gets all the glory! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Perhaps if you posted them here, you'd have better success.
    Boardies own personal thread for patches?

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

marko93 wrote: »
    Perhaps if you posted them here, you'd have better success.
    Boardies own personal thread for patches?
    Added direct links to the patches.

You know I decided to do this because I found that these sorts of things can be obscure and hard to find and I found Google to be much less helpful than something I just stumbled onto on the Steam forum for Commandos (well, I say stumbled on to I was going there to look for a fix, but Google didn't work so well for me is the point).

For instance Eidos' official solution to the speed issue in Commandos is to download a programme to emulate a less powerful CPU to slow down the game which is entirely unnecessary!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi2/

Hamachi works with most old games that dont work online anymore and require a LAN option.

Can be a pain in the arse to set it up sometimes but it does work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

ríomhaire wrote: »
    Added direct links to the patches.

You know I decided to do this because I found that these sorts of things can be obscure and hard to find and I found Google to be much less helpful than something I just stumbled onto on the Steam forum for Commandos (well, I say stumbled on to I was going there to look for a fix, but Google didn't work so well for me is the point).

For instance Eidos' official solution to the speed issue in Commandos is to download a programme to emulate a less powerful CPU to slow down the game which is entirely unnecessary!
    If you can find patches and people need them, you'll be a loved boardie :rolleyes:

Advertisement