Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

metoer roaming on bill pay??!!

Options
  • 30-04-2011 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I went to new york for 5 days in march and i used the interent a bit checking bank balances and a few other bits, its an andriod phone when i rang cust care to sign up for roaming the girl said id be charged 79 cent a day for data roaming!

now they are charging me nearly 400 for my bill for the month of March
    i think this is insane!!
    i rang them and they froze the standing order for me as a "gesture of good will"
    and let me pay it in the shop in cash but i still only had 5 weeks to pay so it will be still all coming from the same pay check!
    when i look at my bill and my Bill online they dont actually show an itemised bill for the dates that i was away.
    so there is actually no proof that i used that ammount of data.
    is there any thign i can do here to try spread the payments or some thing?
    i really cant afford to pay this!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

You are charged €10.24 per megabyte of data sent or received (1c/KB).
    Prices listed [here].
    A single page on m.boards.ie would cost about 10c each for example. It'd be very easy to clock up €400 in roaming charges.

Did they definitely tell you over the phone that data roaming cost 79c per day in the US? I would dispute this if you were told that - the phone call would have been recorded so should be very easy to prove.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Ask for the recording. But I'd say that the person on the phone didn't quite say that you'd be charged 79c/day for data.

Advertisement