Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garo fuseboard - MCB blown

Options
  • 30-04-2011 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Someone turned on the bathroom light last night & blew the bulb, but also tripped the MCB in a garo fuseboard.

I tried to reset it last night & it won't lock on, it will stay at middle & off position, but will not go to on at all.

Do I need to replace the MCB & is this something I can do myself (& also where would I get one)?

I tried to take it out, but it appears to be seated fairly securely (do I use a pliers?).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Have you replaced the bulb?

Some mcbs need to be reset, by flicking them down fully before returning to on position

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

as above,garo MCB's need to be pulled fully down and then pushed up to rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Have done the down & up on the MCB, with no joy.

I went to change the bulb (spot) & it appears the housing has cracked leaving me unable to change the bulb, so I'm going to have to change the fitting :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

If the blown fitting was still in place that may be why the MCB would not reset. You would normally hear a popping sound from the MCB as you try to reset it if its being switched onto a short or fault.

Advertisement