Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Henry McKean

Options
  • 30-04-2011 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Is anyone getting sick of listening to Henry McKean on Newstalk? It sounded like he had a Sile Seoige Kylie Concert moment when reporting from London on The Right Hook yesterday, and he's at it again now on Shenanigans with Sile Seoige on Newstalk now. And he's very annoying, a bad younger version of Paddy O'Gorman. Am I the only one who thinks like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I actually really like Henry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I think he's a breath of fresh air.
    Síle Seoighe on the other hand..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Cole

I'm with the OP on this, can't listen to him anymore. The slightly bumbling, naive persona he's created has become tiresome.

He's just irritating now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

That fat guy who made the "statement" in Derry last week should add him to the list of things that he does not like.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

I think Henry's great! He has a good sense of humour. I used to love listening to Kid's Talk on Moncrief. Haven't heard it that much the last while, not sure if it's on Breakfast regularily now or what the story is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

****ing kids talk Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :mad:

I think there might be a really good "left field" talent lurking but so far no one had really managed to bring it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

He's the main reason I stopped listening to radio years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Love him. Often when I'm bored of whatever is on Newstalk he'll arrive in and bring a bit of fun to the station.

I've just seen a photo of him though and I'm disappointed that he looks nothing like I expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I like Henry, he's done a bit of TV work too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Bit sick of him now alright. His schtick was alright to begin with but he's very very lightweight.That kids talk thing I never liked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

I used to love listening to Kid's Talk on Moncrief.

fuuuuuuccckkkk me. The guy belongs on ballamorey not newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Dont mind him but he was getting irritating the last few days over in london r the royal wedding. Although he did get one cracker of an interview from a yank who thought elton john was a royal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

fuuuuuuccckkkk me. The guy belongs on ballamorey not newstalk.

Newstalk think otherwise I guess. Or Ballamorey haven't coughed up the big bucks which Henry feels he deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭LimerickBishop

It seems 50/50 so far, fair enough. If that's what some people like, then fair enough. I just think he's too politically correct, especially his tv work, why can't he be completely radical instead of acting like an insider? I don't mind the fact that he's English, but his toff accent does wear on me now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Had a lot of time for him until he did that "documentary" on blood sports on TV3.

He was a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Toothless, so pointless.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Hes a good guy imo . I`m not a regular listener to Newstalk but I find that any work he does is always at least someway entertaining . From any vox pops i`ve seen him do , he seems to treat everyone the same . I have not seen his tv work so I cannot comment on it .

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Caledonman

Hes a good guy imo . I`m not a regular listener to Newstalk but I find that any work he does is always at least someway entertaining . From any vox pops i`ve seen him do , he seems to treat everyone the same . I have not seen his tv work so I cannot comment on it .

He is a bit different, and I find him quite ok. I couldn't listen to him for long periods, but his short stints are quite ok. Harmless is the word I would use for him, like a lot of presenters on radio these days. Really think we need some new voices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

He's OK in small doses, but 'Under the covers with Henry McKean' is a complete waste of air time. His bits from the Moncrieff Show cobbled together with a few Kids Talk does not make a radio show.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

I think he is ok. Is he related to Newsnight's Liz McKean? They sound similar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

His voice is as bad as that Bromwell guy on the RTE news. Horrible to listen
    to.

Advertisement