Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

time lapse of the docks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭wicorthered

One boat in, one boat out, not much action in Galway docks these days. Sad really!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

One boat in, one boat out, not much action in Galway docks these days. Sad really!

Butt loads of traffic though! WTF..I don't get how there's always so many people around the city during a week day. Went out to Salthill after work last Wednesday and the beach was full of people with loads of empty beer cans and bottles scattered around them...it's exam time and unemployment is at record highs..I don't get it! It could be because of the Easter holidays but the last week day I had off a few weeks ago was pretty much the same..loads around.

Rant/

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

it is suprising alright. Personally, im in the middle of exams but i dont have anything until the middle of next week so i was fairly relaxed yesterday. :D

its a pity he didnt have the camera for the days the boats were being craned. that would have been epic

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Butt loads of traffic though! WTF..I don't get how there's always so many people around the city during a week day. Went out to Salthill after work last Wednesday and the beach was full of people with loads of empty beer cans and bottles scattered around them...it's exam time and unemployment is at record highs..I don't get it! It could be because of the Easter holidays but the last week day I had off a few weeks ago was pretty much the same..loads around.

Rant/

Lots more tourists around this year: town's been noticably busier than it was last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Out went The Irish Naval Vessel LÉ Niamh "P52" And in came The Irish Naval vessel LÉ Ciara "P42".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

There are a few oil tankers a week and the odd cargo ship.
    Doesn't help that it's tidal so you can only get in and out for 2 hours before high tide.
    It not a very convienent place to keep a yacht or the like, although it's marina is still full as there aren't any others nearby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

I wonder how much revenue Galway Harbour Company is generating from its car parking business?

BTW, is there anywhere or anything else in Galway that would make a good timelapse?

dloob wrote: »
    Doesn't help that it's tidal so you can only get in and out AT high tide.

Fixed for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    BTW, is there anywhere or anything else in Galway that would make a good timelapse?

Maybe the Market on market day? Need to get there before eight, though.

Other than that, all you really get in Galway is the traffic tides.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Steyr wrote: »
    Fixed for you :)

Incorrect dude, the gates open 2hrs BEFORE high tide, and close AT high tide, meaning you can move your boat for up to 2 hours before high tide, up until high tide

• Advertisement

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Incorrect dude, the gates open 2hrs BEFORE high tide, and close AT high tide, meaning you can move your boat for up to 2 hours before high tide, up until high tide

I stand corrected. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    I wonder how much revenue Galway Harbour Company is generating from its car parking business?

It is substantial
    See the following boards.ie thread. See the first post by Sponge Bob:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71875096

Read page 63/64 from the link in that post.
    Have to factor rents they are recieving for lands/property in that 47% Rents/Car-parking revenue stream.

Advertisement