Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brass Electroplating in Ireland

• 30-04-2011 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a company that does brass electroplating?

As part of renovating my house, I had all the internal doors stripped (acid dip) and stained. They look great. The locks and other fittings were removed first, so I tried to clean layers of gloss paint off the brass lock plates using paint stripper and steel wool; unfortunately, the steel wool stripped off some of the brass plating, too. The plates seem to be copper (or some copper alloy) underneath the brass, and the base metal is showing through in places.

I'd like to get them re-plated with brass so that I can replace them on the doors. There are about 6 of them, and each one is about 4 inches by 3.

Does anyone know of a firm in Ireland that would be willing and able to plate these items with brass? Googling and calling numbers from the golden pages has drawn a blank so far...

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

someone that manufactures jewelry might be able to help you out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Spirit Coatings in Ballycoolin Ind Estate in Blanchardstown.:)

Advertisement