Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holding deposit....:/

Options
  • 30-04-2011 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey! I moved out of my old apartment some time ago, and my landlord's agent asked us to contact us because of the deposit. At first, we told that there's still a rent missing, we gave them a copy of our statement which showed that we've paid it, we didn't hear anything, wrote again, we were told that we'll get further information soon, no answer, etc. - a friend of mine has the same problem, she only lived a few houses from mine. Is there anything I can do, anyone I can contact? A colleague told me, he received a letter after moving in, including a number he can call if there's something wrong - but I haven't received that letter (or my room mate has lost it, I don't know, but I haven't seen such a letter). Any ideas what to do? :o Fyda

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Talk to the agent and till them that if they don't sort it out that you will be initiating a complaint with the PRTB.

Check if the property is registered here: https://www.prtb.ie/public_registrations.aspx

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Do you have a reciept for the deposit?
    Did you give it to the agent or landlord?
    Have you a tennancy agreement?
    Did the agent register you with PTRB?

Chances are that if it's a registered agent you prob a case and as Victor said contact PTRB

If not and you have no proof of the deposit then you could be in a difficult suitation. Go to the agent in person requesting the deposit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

any chance this is Choices I have heard they are suppose to be horrible to deal with..

PRTB is reg would be the best route to take

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Fyda

Thank you so much! PRTB was actually what I'm lokking for. Thanks, thanks, thanks! :)

Advertisement