Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin embassy interview - Bank draft problem

Options
  • 30-04-2011 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey folks. Sorry if this isn't in the appropriate forum.

Story is i've a J1 embassy interview for Tuesday morning.

Yesterday, I got a bank draft for €105 as the Usit and US embassy website suggested.

Then last night (around 7:30 pm)I received an email from usit saying the price for the interview is now €98 and that a bank draft lower or higher than that amount will be rejected.

Does anyone know how am I supposed to get a bank draft for this? considering the next time the banks will be open is at the time of my interview.

HELP ME PLEASE :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Snappy the Moose

Hey folks. Sorry if this isn't in the appropriate forum.

Story is i've a J1 embassy interview for Tuesday morning.

Yesterday, I got a bank draft for €105 as the Usit and US embassy website suggested.

Then last night (around 7:30 pm)I received an email from usit saying the price for the interview is now €98 and that a bank draft lower or higher than that amount will be rejected.

Does anyone know how am I supposed to get a bank draft for this? considering the next time the banks will be open is at the time of my interview.

HELP ME PLEASE :(

They won't accept it, you need to have it perfect down to the exact cent.

Your best bet is to get in contact with the embassy and let them see can you re-arrange your interview for later in the day as you need to get the bank draft. They sent people away last year and let them come back, some weren't allowed though due to time constraints.

The queue outside the embassy is always long, usually about an hour or more wait to even get in so if you go to the security office outside in the morning and let them know you need to change the bank draft they might let you come back later. You will just have to get a new bank draft that day in a bank in Dublin, but you will only be able to exchange your current bank draft in the same branch you got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 CliveWarren

They won't accept it, you need to have it perfect down to the exact cent.

Your best bet is to get in contact with the embassy and let them see can you re-arrange your interview for later in the day as you need to get the bank draft. They sent people away last year and let them come back, some weren't allowed though due to time constraints.

The queue outside the embassy is always long, usually about an hour or more wait to even get in so if you go to the security office outside in the morning and let them know you need to change the bank draft they might let you come back later. You will just have to get a new bank draft that day in a bank in Dublin, but you will only be able to exchange your current bank draft in the same branch you got it.

Thank You!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

If you can, I would try to get it in dollars, the price will never change in dollars and most banks will give it to you.

Advertisement