Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl's wet suits: any good?

Options
  • 30-04-2011 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭

:) Is the ladies' one any good for the price? Only looking to use it during the summer really for a bit of kayaking, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Herself is using one for the last few years. They are grand for exactly what you describe. She uses it in her kayak and for splashing about in the waves early in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

SeaFields wrote: »
    Herself is using one for the last few years. They are grand for exactly what you describe. She uses it in her kayak and for splashing about in the waves early in the summer.

Thanks a million, will pick one up monday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

mine is fine (5mm) but leaks around the neck if I breast stroke.

pretty warm otherwise and grand out for wearing on my kayak too

mawk wrote: »
    mine is fine (5mm) but leaks around the neck if I breast stroke.

pretty warm otherwise and grand out for wearing on my kayak too

What are the sizes like, doesn't give any info on them, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Odd question but is there any difference between the male and female ones other than size.

I'm small and often find the mens lidl and aldi stuff is too big for me, I knwo with some things its grand getting the female but for others its shaped differently.

In other words if I get the womens am I gonna have empty boob space and my manly bits squished.

• Advertisement

Well, picked up my suit this morning. Got the large size (16) and it seems to fit well (would be a 14/16 and tall), wasn't sure if it would or not. Bought some of the boots as well, normal foot sizes and size 8 fitted perfect. Was in just after they opened, had about 15 suits but only 2 large sizes. Won't get to try them out for a few weeks just yet but they seem grand for the price. ;)

Advertisement