Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diversity lotto results May 1st

• 30-04-2011 4:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hey, this is my first year to have applied for the DV lotto and I believe the results are out May 1st. Am just wondering if anybody knows how you go about checking if you've blessed or not?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

You log in Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Conor108 wrote: »
    You log in Here

Thanks, I have tried to check but it keeps saying invalid login number'. I have the receipt from applying right in front of me and the confirmation number is definitely correct. Is this because the results are not available yet?

Wait, its ok I got it, but didn't get it :(

Thanks

I am assuming the results for this years lottery are actually out now right? It's just it says May 1st on the site. Just sort of hoping I might be turning up negative because I'm entering my confirmation number for the wrong year of entry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

DeadMoney wrote: »
    I am assuming the results for this years lottery are actually out now right? It's just it says May 1st on the site. Just sort of hoping I might be turning up negative because I'm entering my confirmation number for the wrong year of entry?

That link is for last year,

This years results are not out till tomorrow

• Advertisement

crapmanjoe wrote: »

Awesome, still a shot. :D
    Ty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

crapmanjoe wrote: »

But it'll be the same link will it? Just won't work for DV 2012 until results are out? Sorry if thats the wrong link I didn't apply so not sure and I can't use that site properly on firefox

There are links to both 2011 & 2012.

http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/

When I entered my number in 2012 (this years) though the response was that I was not selected for further processing for the 2011 one. So yeah am assuming they are not available yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

No luck :( Oh well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Successful.. except i've a decent job here and i have a years lease on an apartment.. what to do!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Not successful :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

funkyflea wrote: »
    Successful.. except i've a decent job here and i have a years lease on an apartment.. what to do!

I'd say apply anyway, by the time they process the application and you get your interview the year may be up. As far as I know you have 6 months after you get the Visa to activate it. You never know how you will feel next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Does anyone know what to do if you don't have the Confirmation Number?

Can't find the feckin' thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Nothing you can do. You have to treat it like gold dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

unsuccessful...grrrrr...every year... damn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

****e grr boo :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

This is the first year I've taken part also, but I know that I'm still not guaranteed a visa. I think I'll do what the previous poster said and keep my options open. I don't think I'll have enough cash saved though, if I need to go next year. Might find it difficult to get work there too..

Results are void. They made some sort of mistake and are re-doing the draw on July 15th. I got an email there. Good news I guess for those who were unsuccessful in that we don't have to wait a whole other year for another shot at being picked. I feel awful for anyone who has been selected though, I'd be sick to my stomach if I had been selected only to be told it doesn't count. Come on July 15th....one time please God!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭transylman

Apparently the random draw was not random and 90% of those picked were from the first week of applicants. Emails are being sent out to all applicants, but I haven't received one yet. Has anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

transylman wrote: »
    Apparently the random draw was not random and 90% of those picked were from the first week of applicants. Emails are being sent out to all applicants, but I haven't received one yet. Has anyone else?

Where did you read about emails? The official website (http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/) mentions nothing about that. Though I think they should send emails to the eventual winners in July, as many will have thrown away the confirmation number!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭davymc31

ya i was one of the luckey ones to find out i won and then heart break to find out its void,i got email to tell me it will be run again on 15 july also got email of my confirmation number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Email received. If you've forgotten/disposed of your confirmation number, it also gives a link to retrieve that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭transylman

silja wrote: »
    Where did you read about emails? The official website (http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/) mentions nothing about that. Though I think they should send emails to the eventual winners in July, as many will have thrown away the confirmation number!

It has been posted on various sites.

http://www.dv2012lotterypetition.biz/email-from-kcc/

I think the email is only being sent out to those who had already checked their application status, so if you lost your confirmation number you are probably still out of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

transylman wrote: »
    It has been posted on various sites.

http://www.dv2012lotterypetition.biz/email-from-kcc/

I think the email is only being sent out to those who had already checked their application status, so if you lost your confirmation number you are probably still out of luck.

I don't know about that - I've checked my status and have yet received no email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I've entered this a few times over the years but I think I've forgotten to enter for the past two years in a row. I have to say I'd be absolutely heartbroken though if I was one of the people selected and then to be told it was a computer glitch and all results were invalid.

Advertisement