Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whare do you get yours? Leash/Collars everything else

• 30-04-2011 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭

Just thought I would start a thread here for everyone to take part in.

What I'm wondering is where do you all go to get your Leash/Collars and in each individual case maybe harness and muzzle for your dogs. I think this would be a good place for everyone to give help to people loking for good quality accessories.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Lead - manmat bungee from countryhounds.ie
    Collar - coastal one from pet mania
    Harness - sensible harness from dog training Ireland
    Harness#2 - is a premier easy walk from friendsoffido.co.uk which should be here during the week :) It's a front attach harness like the sensible but I got one to try for when we're using his long line because you can rotate it and use as a back attach harness - he steps over/gets a bit tangled on a long line with the sensible harness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Leads, I love the manmat bungee leads from Manmat, usually bought from
    http://www.countryhounds.ie/

Collars - I have had semi slip collars from a UK company, culpeppers http://www.culpeppers.co.uk/ for a few years, but am in the process of replacing them with flat collars that work on the same principle as the semi slips, i.e. you put them on over the dog's head, but then you tighten them when on, so that they can't come up and off, but the difference with semi slips is that they don't tighten at all when you pull on them. I've got a couple of Manmat ones again from countryhounds, one from a friend who imported it from Holland and am going to get the rest from SASS, which is a UK based company, will make them to order, with a choice of colours http://www.dogtraininginfo.co.uk/dog-equipment.html

Harnesses - I use x back harness to work the dogs in, again, have got a lot of them from countryhounds, including manmat, but am now trying out some new ones that some friends have imported from Holland. I try to get my dogs to pull in harness and walk on the collar, so don't like using harnesses for walking. However, I do have a couple of manmat shoulder harnesses for walking a couple of the dogs, who just pull too much in the collar and I'm afraid of them hurting themselves.

I wear a walking belt when walking the dogs, again I got the current one from countryhounds, but SASS do them, as do culpeppers and a host of other companies in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

mollys.ie have great leather collars that last and are cute.

Advertisement