Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Sync

Options
  • 30-04-2011 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

i recently bought a htc desire on ebay,second hand.great phone but i didnt get the disk for installing the software on my pc.does anyone know how i get install htc sync on my pc without this disk?cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

http://www.htc.com/uk/support.aspx

Select Desire in the drop-down box. Select Downloads, and bob's your uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭allen175

just so you know there was never any disc included with it, all the sync software came loaded on the phones origional SD card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Im having awful trouble with trying to install the software. im installing it on Windows xp not by choice. and xp wont accept the software . keeps saying that its not trusted and has this and that . so is there anyone else having this type of problem

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Is there something specific you need the software for?

Is there something specific you need the software for?

Well to back up the contacts and calendar the person im doing it for is constantly loosing their contacts so i figure this will be handy. Plugged the phone into the laptop. Windows Media Centre 2002 XP service pack 3 . and it installed some software. then kept coming up with not a trusted user by microsoft. then gave me a big bubble saying software unable to install so i decided to download it. which also failed

• Advertisement

Ok, you know Google will do this for you automatically, and store everything in 'the cloud'?

http://www.google.com/contacts

Just login with a gmail account, set the phone contacts to 'Google'. You can then manage your contacts and calendar from the phone itself, or anything with internet access really.

This is one of the major selling points of Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Agreed... however if your contacts are in outlook, you're chained to HTC Sync.
    Its worth putting the effort into moving everything to google.

Mr E wrote: »

Yes, definitely worth the effort IMHO. I haven't carried it out but I believe a .csv export/import makes it very easy.

Mr E wrote: »

oh ya i never use outlook greatest heap of s*ite to hit the world since ryanair ha ha. so i can just use google . barfect. but does mean all her contacts will be online. which is really a bad thing.

oh ya i never use outlook greatest heap of s*ite to hit the world since ryanair ha ha. so i can just use google . barfect. but does mean all her contacts will be online. which is really a bad thing.

Online yes, but not publicly. Choose a good password and don't share it - nothing to worry about.

• Advertisement
Advertisement