Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pagan and magic shop

Options
  • 30-04-2011 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I want to ask .... :)
    how many of you are interested in magic?
    wicca ... Celtic magic ... etc..

and what the shop in Dublin?
    Do you think it caught on?
    I always wished to open a shop ... with magical devices ... Herbs ... books ... etc....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Hi,

Im not quite sure what you are asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭TheBardWest

I think a metaphysical shop would do well in Dublin. Something that caters to a wide variety of spiritual systems. These types of shops are very successful in metropolitan areas of the US, and I suspect Dublin is diverse enough now that such a shop could be successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Dublin may be diverse enough bit it is not big enough.
    The Alchemist head was the original and used to be on Dame st but closed over a decade ago.
    The house of astrology closed recently due to the stills rise in rents.
    Aul Pine in the george st arcade also closed.
    The yellow brick road on the quays survives on it's beads trade and their section of books and supplies has dwindled over the years.

There is the business to sustain such a shops is seems, with people ordering books online or not wanting to go into such stores.

Yes there are angel type shops like the one on capel st and Aungier Street but they don't offer a range of occlut/magical supplies or books.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Sharrow wrote: »
    Yes there are angel type shops like the one on capel st and Aungier Street but they don't offer a range of occlut/magical supplies or books.

It's actually a real shame that some basics aren't stocked. Even with regard to the stones, they all have an extremely limited selection and most are WAY overpriced.

I miss Aul Pine. Fire is not our friend...

Advertisement