Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Second-Hand Books

Options
  • 30-04-2011 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have been getting rid of some of my old, unwanted books recently. On Thursday I went to Vibes N' Scribes and for four books got a €5 credit (they also offered €4 in cash) for the store. They wouldn't take some of the books, like Obama's autobiography (''too common'' as in they already have a lot of copies) etc. I might return there with a lot more books next time.
    Does anybody else in the city buy used books? Connolly's maybe?

Thanks,
    Brian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Places like vibes and scribes and cash connectors/convertors or whatever they're called will never give you a good deal, that's how they work :)

Maybe the place beside Paul Street shopping centre but that's about it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You could always give them to a charity shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

The Shelf on George's Quay buy second hand books as well I discovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

I still have some academic textbooks I don't want any more. They were all €20 - 30 at the time so it seems a waste to dump them. I couldn't find anywhere that would take them off my hands.

If they're not the current edition, nobody will take them off you most likely. Or if they do, you'll get maybe a couple of euros for them at most. Best to try to sell out of date textbooks online, on ebay, amazon or adverts.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

i don't want anything for them. I tried to give them to UCC library, UCC bookshop, charity shops but noone wanted them. They would be way too expensive to post.

What course are they for? Stick up notices in the relevant department, put a thread on the UCC forum here. I'm sure someone would take them off your hands if you're offering them for free. Although it's a crap time of year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 deejam

High street books in wilton, capwell and douglas court buy secondhand school books and school novels..

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭another native

The public library in Wilton Shopping Centre and the library in Grand Parade, Cork have a swap-a-book barrow for people who wish to leave books they no longer need. Lots of avid readers look forward to reading them!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mrsrobby

Is anyone selling the following Leavinng cert books second hand??......
    Irish...Blas Gnathleibheal-folens
    Is Feider Leat-Ed.Co
    English..Complete English- O donovan & Kirwan
    Maths...text & tests 3( new edition) ??
    L.C.V.P..Link Modules
    Make it happen- mc hale /folens
    Business..Global Business (3rd edition)
    Agri Science....Breaking ground

• Advertisement
Advertisement