Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor for Mortgage Drawdown

Options
  • 30-04-2011 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

I am in process of applying for a mortgage but have no solicitor, can someone tell me what is the average cost for the legal stuff that solictors charge, can you call a solicitor to get a quote like you do for car insurance etc pardon my ignorance on the matter but it's all new to me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭djmcr

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    I am in process of applying for a mortgage but have no solicitor, can someone tell me what is the average cost for the legal stuff that solictors charge, can you call a solicitor to get a quote like you do for car insurance etc pardon my ignorance on the matter but it's all new to me.

Call to a number of local solicitor offices and they will quote you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

I think it's roughly€2k although it probably varies a lot depending on where you are TBH! Mine was €1900 that included all legal fees, land registry and drawing up our wills etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BillieB

I paid 1300 for mine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

BillieB wrote: »
    I paid 1300 for mine :)

Can you send me details of your solicitor thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

€1300 is a great price, I been quoted between 1500-2100

• Advertisement
Advertisement