Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frozen Humax Foxsat HD Freesat

• 30-04-2011 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

Hi, i have done a thread search and can't find anything on this. If this isn't the place just let me know.

Hopefully someone can help me. I replaced my parents SD FTA box with a Humax pvr box this morning and they've just rung me to say it has frozen on a channel (cbeebies ironically enough):).

The box now won't respond to the remote. They have tried off and on...and pressing all the buttons on the remote but nothing happening. They unplugged the cable to the dish and turned it back on and it still goes to the same channel and freezes. Has anyone come across anything similar? All help appreciated - I've gone from hero to zero in 12 hours!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭meercat

try unplugging it from the socket
    wait a minute and plug it in again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

meercat wrote: »
    try unplugging it from the socket
    wait a minute and plug it in again

thanks meercat, just tried that and same issue. it goes though the boot sequence, humax screen comes up, it goes looking for the channel which is not available and then sticks there saying its unavailable or scrambled and it won't respond to the remote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭meercat

sorry then
    thats my limited knowledge reached

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Check the batteries in the remote. Make sure PVR is selected on the remote. Top button on the left if I recall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

danjo wrote: »
    Check the batteries in the remote. Make sure PVR is selected on the remote. Top button on the left if I recall.

ok thanks, they replaced the remote batteries, and pressed some random sequence of buttons and got it working again. panic over (until the next crisis!)

thanks lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Firstly make sure the batteries work.

Then take the batteries out of your remote control
    Point your remote at the receiver on the box
    hold down the standby button for about 15 seconds
    Put the batteries back in

If all has gone well it should drain all power from the remote and cause it to reset itself.

Or

Take out the batteries, unwind a paper clip then short out the +ve and -ve contacts in the remote.

Put batteries back in and the remote works fine

I know one of these worked for me before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭Booms

Similar problem happened to me. Drove me demented, until I finally realised the PVR button wasn't lighting up when I pressed a key. Someone :o must have accidentally pressed one of the other device select buttons (TV/DVD/Audio) without realising it.

Oops! Just seen that Danjo refers to this earlier. Glad you're sorted.

Advertisement