Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black and White Springer cross dog found in Portlaoise

Options
  • 30-04-2011 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

HI Guys

I've been adopted by a black and white springer cross who came into my garden today and hasn't left yet. We can't keep him as already have three dogs and three cats so not an option.

My sister says she might be able to have him if her husband agrees but I said I'd look for someone who might own him.

Will also post on pets - just if anyone has any info about him / knows who owns him please PM me.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Candc

Pic of the dog

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

1st of all well done for looking out for him at moment.
    the thing is even though its a stray you cant decide just to keep him there is things you must do in case a owner is looking.
    have you informed guards. Contact a local vet to check for chip. Post on lost and found sites put up poster. by law a stray is supposed to do 5 days in the pound, after that if not claimed you can look to take him. some dogs wardens will let you keep the dog for 5 days in your house as long as he has got all your details in case owner comes forward.

1st of all well done for looking out for him at moment.
    the thing is even though its a stray you cant decide just to keep him -there is things you must do in case a owner is looking.
    have you informed guards. Contact a local vet to check for chip. Post on lost and found sites put up poster. by law a stray is supposed to do 5 days in the pound, after that if not claimed you can look to take him. some dogs wardens will let you keep the dog for 5 days in your house as long as he has got all your details in case owner comes forward.

We aren't going to keep him I was just pre empting people asking if I would.

Vets are closed until Tuesday so we are going to go then - I am going to inform the guards/pound today as he only arrived yesterday and I thought he might be from my estate and someone might come looking.

I've posted on a few sites -have a message on my FB page, and have asked people to share that - and a thread in API in case people are looking.

Update on this - the dog is now in the pound in Ballacolla CO. Laois if anyone is looking for him ]]Thanks

Advertisement