Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help-Fingal Triathlon

Options
  • 30-04-2011 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

hi,im doin the tri in national aquatic centre. Its my first tri and im doing another one a few weeks later. However, im pretty lost on the gear i should be getting for the tri, should i get something with short sleeves or long. For example could i swim and run with this short slleve and leg or should i go with full suit?

http://www.irishfit.eu/menstriapparel.html#orca

in the tri with pool swim,do things change?Also, ive heard people talking about using lube? why? Anyway,im a newbie,any help appreciated!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Just get yourself a tri suit, either a one piece or a two piece. That is all you need to wear for a pool swim, maybe get a number belt too.

I wouldn't buy from irishfit, but thats just me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

This is your 1st tri - so no need for anything too specific - especially as the swim is in the pool.

Swim - normal speedos (or similar) - fashion is not an issue :o
    Bike - Just use lycra running shorts or cycling shorts without the padding. Cycling shoes - only if you have them, as no need to go a buy them for your 1st tri
    Cycling top will be fine - BUT would suggest that you get a race-belt (Cycling Super store €6.99) so that you dont have pins etc getting messed up
    Running - just get off the bike as you are.

BTW - just be careful not to take on too much fluid when you are on the bike. The spint distance is not too long and you don't really need to replace too much fluid, so you dont want to get off the bike and have to run an a belly full of fluid (the legs will already be a bit wobbly :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Joeyde

Ill handle to lube question then :)

Its to reduce chaffing, again its a short race and in a pool so you probably dont have to worry about it.
    I know I need it for the wetsuit, around the neck and around armpits in open water swims, and maybe on the inside of the legs as well for the bike.

Advertisement